Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
that post - the board does not allow me to post links yet because I've posted less than 10 times...
That link is working for me. A free Dropbox account is needed to be able to download the file, but that is easy.

Thank a lot, Nemo. I'll try to learn from that service manual once the warranty of my bike runs out.

·
Super Moderator
710 Posts
As far as I know there is no separate manual for the 16 models.
I know of a supplement for the changes of the wiring diagram , and possibly the changes in the front fairing. Otherwise they are the same.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As far as I know there is no separate manual for the 16 models.
I know of a supplement for the changes of the wiring diagram , and possibly the changes in the front fairing. Otherwise they are the same.
I need to remove and check the headlight assembly, because this. I have downloaded the 2013-2015 Service Manual, but I am not sure the headlight assembly removal instructions in there fit my 2018 CB500F. What do you think? (I see you are an expert.)

·
Super Moderator
710 Posts
I have both a 15 and a 16 500f in the garage, so had my hands on both. Getting the headlight unit off both bikes is easy.
Stripping them is equally nasty on both. They're not exactly the same, but similar enough so that you can use the earlier manual.
What I do when I work on unknown stuff, I make lots of pictures and store fasteners in a way that I know what goes where.
You can do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would this be helpful for a 2017?

Edit: From earlier comments and my own reading, it sounds like the 2017 didn't change much mechanically so this manual should apply.

Reactions: Spitfire500
61 - 80 of 97 Posts