Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Or what needs to be done with each service, or when the next service is due, or what the proper. Play is in the chain, just off the top of my head. (I freely admit, I do tend to overthink everything)
So you do not do your own maintenance?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you for sharing the manual! That's really generous and thoughtful of you and much appreciated. I wish I would have had it a couple weeks ago when my bike wouldn't start and I couldn't figure out why... turns out there is a fuse hidden under the side panel that I didn't know about! LOL.

The manual will definitely come in handy!

: )

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently bought a 2017 cb500f and I can't seem to find the manual for sale anywhere. Has anything changed? Will this one work?

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Changes to the CB 500 were made in 2016.

Any manual that includes the year 2016 will apply to 2017, 2018.

Don't know if the downloadable manual includes 2016.

Lots of manuals on eBay...prices from $20 USD and up.

The $20 one is on a CD, not a print version.......

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Manuals-Literature/6029/i.html?MMake=Honda&MModel=CB500X&Brand=!&_mPrRngCbx=1

jb
But were changes made to the engine and mechanics? Mechanically I thought they were very similar (if not the same).

·
Registered
89 Posts
But were changes made to the engine and mechanics? Mechanically I thought they were very similar (if not the same).
AFAIK...the changes were to the gear shift mechanism, the size of the gas tank, the way the front fairing is attached on the R version, and the design of the tail section on the R and F models.

Yes, you are correct, all current years are mechanically the same, except for the improved shifter.

jb

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
******* Edit ****** The server that was hosting the page is gone, so I have moved it. - CBR500R Service Manual

Hi, I bought and downloaded a PDF version of the Honda 2013-2016 CBR500 Service Manual and offer it for free download:

*** NEW NEW UPDATED - CBR500R Service Manual re-download if you want the latest.

Thanks to Mark65 - who has modified the manual to include very helpful hyperlinks. So download it again if needed.
Thanks to Mark65 again - final update, added all subsections and bookmarks or hyperlinks when you click on them - makes life so much easier.

**** Edit:- a couple of people have asked about the donation process - I have updated the web page with instructions should you require them.

Regards
Nemo1966

21 - 40 of 91 Posts