Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good, because I GOT MINE :D

Ladies and gents, my CBR500R ABS:

I have fallen in love all over again. My initial thoughts, coming from my CBR250R:

1. HOLY CRAP this thing accelerates like a fighter jet compared to the 250
2. I can't hear the exhaust when cruising around.. at all. I've heard Priuses louder than this thing! Definitely going to have to fix that.
3. It rides almost exactly like the 250, but more comfortable. The seat feels more plush, and she's less vibratey overall.

Honda did a **** of a job on this little guy, that's for sure. I ended up paying $6865.05 OTD, which isn't too bad, all things considered. And hey, I officially own the first 500R in my city!

Funny story as I was riding home.. I came to a stoplight and had a guy on a very slick looking FZ6R pull up beside me. We exchanged nods and I tell em "nice bike!" and he stuck out his fist for a bump. That's the first time that's ever happened to me, and it felt pretty damned awesome, haha. It's been a good day.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Congrats. Beautiful bike and I agree.....nice to open the throttle and actually accelerate ha ha. Welcome to the forum. (Feels like home with all the 250 guys lol)

·
Registered
458 Posts
HOLY CRAP this thing accelerates like a fighter jet compared to the 250

I lol'd at this.:D

Congrat's, looks great, there won't be anyone left at the CBR 250 site soon:eek:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
@iddo, I was thinking the same thing? Ha ha ha, anyone know what the count is on the 500 converts?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being a repeat customer helps, it seems (I bought my 250R from the same shop last year). There's also a competing dealership not too far away, so I had the two shops fighting over my business, heh.

·
Registered
57 Posts
love the mention about the FZ6R, I just sold mine to buy a 500R. ive got almost 100kms on my new bike and love it. Ride safe and enjoy your new bike!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
My initial thoughts, coming from my CBR250R:

1. HOLY CRAP this thing accelerates like a fighter jet compared to the 250
THIS is exactly what I wanted to hear!
I was worried this thing won't have enough power for me. Looks like it might be okay after all.

I went to the dealer today to get mine. I wanted the white/tri-color model. They had one RED one in stock.
I sat on it. It felt PERFECT. I was so bummed they have to order my white one.
Salesguy said 30-60 days. It will be SO worth the wait!
They had a tri-color 250 in there, and it was gorgeous sexy.

I got the same deal you did, OTD. Had to haggle for over an hour to get it. Something to look forward to. I'm not in a big hurry for it, but I do want it.
:D
Glad you got yours already. The color sure doesn't make it run any different! If someone likes red or black, that's cool. They are all HONDA's, and that's what counts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts