Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks nice. Now all we need is a sound sample.

So far, the only aftermarket exhaust I've heard on an F was a Mugen. Sounded pretty decent.

·
Registered
45 Posts
**** it! Does anyone know why my pics keep posting upside down? The original files are right side up, every other place I post them are fine, but on this site they always appear upside down!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally I had the Akrapovic on order, cancelled that order for the LeoVince GP Corsa. I really wanted a Yoshi though, I'm a huge fan of their products. Sadly I can't wait for it, these bikes are dangerously quiet on the road.

·
Registered
565 Posts
From what I've been told. Akrapovic have some sort of tie up with Honda so think it makes them 'authorised'. Whatever that's meant to mean!.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally I had the Akrapovic on order, cancelled that order for the LeoVince GP Corsa. I really wanted a Yoshi though, I'm a huge fan of their products. Sadly I can't wait for it, these bikes are dangerously quiet on the road.
I have seen some first person point of videos on the cbr500 and they are really quiet all i hear is the wind noise. This worries me, I have been told that getting a loud slip on exhaust would help and some said drivers would be annoyed. So is it true that louder pipes makes other drivers aware of you or is it not a good idea?

·
Registered
582 Posts
From what I've been told. Akrapovic have some sort of tie up with Honda so think it makes them 'authorised'. Whatever that's meant to mean!.
Leo Vince provide the Euro Junior Cup exhausts, so I'd check them out too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Leo Vince provide the Euro Junior Cup exhausts, so I'd check them out too.
i have never gotten an aftermarket exhaust before but my friends have cbr250s and I have heard all of them. The leo vince exhausts has a deeper tone than yoshimura and akrapovic I find. I liked the low growl that the Leo vince has where as in the yoshimura has a high pitch tone to it.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
oh my...
not that cheap.
With 30 percent custom tax and 100 USD shipping it is coming to 1050 USD total:(
for 1100 USD i can get the Moriwaki MX pipe with its legal document that it is road legal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
LL, do you know the law in Thailand regarding road legal aftermarket exhausts? I'm thinking of getting the K Speed one but I think you know a lot more about this stuff than me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
LL, do you know the law in Thailand regarding road legal aftermarket exhausts? I'm thinking of getting the K Speed one but I think you know a lot more about this stuff than me.
Does anyone? I bet the police don't.

You may have problems if you ever have to visit the Vehicle Dept though (esp Phuket) depending upon who is there and if the person you see is feeling poor that month.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
matt as marmite stated, these kind of things are mostly subjective and depending on the mood of the police or officials in Thailand:)
But, moriwaki pipe sold in Honda Bigwings Thailand are fully legal as it has a TIS - Thailand Industrial Standards - Certificate which makes it legal and you can register the pipe to your green book therefore if police stops you here, you can show them your green book or a copy of it and you are free to go in normal conditions.
You can do ti to Yoshimura pipe too but you need to pay some money under the table:D

·
Registered
11 Posts

Yoshi exhausts are not bad. Popular on Hondas. We need an exhaust clip though.
i went on the yoshimura site and just saw these pics on there. funny. anyway my question is and i dont want any guessing, i want facts. the 500r was not available on their dropdown menu for their selection on bikes but the CB500F was. can the full exhaust be used for the cbr500r?
and i am loooking for a louder but definitely more importantly to me a deeper sounding exhaust. both yoshimura and the leovince i got it down to.
which sounds deeper?
which should i get the full or the slip? hp does not matter to me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i went on the yoshimura site and just saw these pics on there. funny. anyway my question is and i dont want any guessing, i want facts. the 500r was not available on their dropdown menu for their selection on bikes but the CB500F was. can the full exhaust be used for the cbr500r?
and i am loooking for a louder but definitely more importantly to me a deeper sounding exhaust. both yoshimura and the leovince i got it down to.
which sounds deeper?
which should i get the full or the slip? hp does not matter to me.
I called yoshi and they said the exhaust is for the F. As for the 500r, they're waiting to receive the bike and then will start working on it. They don't have one yet, so you're looking at another couple months.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts