Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking and saw ways to wire up different indicators from 2-wire to 3-wire, but nothing specifically answered my Q so here goes.
If I just want the blinker functionality and not the running light can I just hook up the matching 2-wires, or do I need to do the diodes? I don't really want the running lights, but also don't want the indicators on the dash lit constantly either.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The 3 wire set up is for running lights and blinker lights.
Yes you can use a 3 wire setup and only wire up the blinkers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I am planning on flush mounts which to my knowledge are 2-wire and led, so for those would I use the diode on the one wire (not ground) and just not connect the 3rd running light one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I am planning on flush mounts which to my knowledge are 2-wire and led, so for those would I use the diode on the one wire (not ground) and just not connect the 3rd running light one?
I bought the moto dynamic ones...50$ for the set. They came with a resistor for each side so they flash at the correct rate, and they have a connector for the running light. You either connect then together for three wire setup, or disconnect them for two wire (no running light.)

From my very limited research these ones are the only ones that are plug and play.

Check my post history, I started a thread with pics/link to the turn signals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts