Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up yesterday arvo. Was a struggle actually parking when i got to work this morning, i really should've just kept going and hit the road. Luckily have 2 weeks annual leave, so i can see a few rides coming up in the next little while.

Massive difference getting off CBR250R onto the 500. Wouldn't have really thought they come from the same family. I find the 500 much more upright than the 250... anyone else notice the same?

Anyways, obligatory pics attached. My little 250R next to it in the pics, the 500R looks like a monster compare to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Congratulations, bike looks great, I do like the black. It looks huge compared to the 250cc and a shed load better in my opinion.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Great pictures bit like a father and son shot ;). In black it looks very sleak...

See they managed to give you 2 bars worth of fuel too

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Congrats. Side by side we can really see the size difference. The weebee is really wee ha ha. I don't notice a huge difference in riding position myself. 500 is a tad more upright though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow, it really is a lot bigger eh? I knew it was lighter but I didnt know it was so much bigger.

Thanks for the pictures and have a great riding season. Stay safe :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congrats buddy,
Good to see another Aussie with their bike!!! Really loving the black good choice.

Reactions: tk92

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all :)

Yerrabi, $7840 was my rideaway price. (rrp $6990 + rego & CTP $462 + dealer deliver & stamp duty i guess $388)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Picked it up yesterday arvo. Was a struggle actually parking when i got to work this morning, i really should've just kept going and hit the road. Luckily have 2 weeks annual leave, so i can see a few rides coming up in the next little while.

Massive difference getting off CBR250R onto the 500. Wouldn't have really thought they come from the same family. I find the 500 much more upright than the 250... anyone else notice the same?

Anyways, obligatory pics attached. My little 250R next to it in the pics, the 500R looks like a monster compare to it.
can i ask what is your height and do your feet touch the groung flush im 5'10'' im debating now that i see how much bigger the 500 is

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
can i ask what is your height and do your feet touch the groung flush im 5'10'' im debating now that i see how much bigger the 500 is
I'm 5'11'', i think... 180cm. And yeah it's very very easy to touch the ground. With my foot flat on the ground, my knee is still bent somewhat...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thanks all :)

Yerrabi, $7840 was my rideaway price. (rrp $6990 + rego & CTP $462 + dealer deliver & stamp duty i guess $388)
Which dealer did you go through? I got quoted something like 8400 rideaway?

·
Registered
103 Posts
A black 250 too thats nice my 500 is the same color what is that tag over the rear sprocket by the chain guard? Im not an Auzzie is that something required there?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts