Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I own a pair of those A* gauntlets. Extremely comfy but I find them a bugger with my jacket sleeves. When I move my arms/hands my sleeves become a cork screw in the gauntlet. Annoying!! I prefer shorter gloves.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I don't see it as haggling because I simply put the offer on the table to support my local small business by spending my $ in their store because they gave me a better in store price versus the internet.
I think its greAt to support small businesses!! Which gloves are you using right now?
Just a note that Teknic as a brand is no longer in business.

So you may find some bargains out there

Have a look at the Rev'it range. They make a leather textile ladies and men's jacket. Called the ignition.
Revzilla have a review of it. That was my wife's first choice until she got the Dainese jacket for cheap.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yeah I was wondering why the Teknic was do cheap and I figured they were going out of business. Boo.

Yeah I'll check out the revzilla. Thank you :)
RedLady, I bought those A*'s for the MSF - they're awesome gloves...(warmish with the gauntlet, but I like 'em....good feel, yet plenty padded with the extra knuckle protection, too)
Are you talking about the short ones? I think the knuckle protection is good but it falls so short that if you go down- I feel like your wrists would be exposed. That's the biggest problem I have with them.
I own a pair of those A* gauntlets. Extremely comfy but I find them a bugger with my jacket sleeves. When I move my arms/hands my sleeves become a cork screw in the gauntlet. Annoying!! I prefer shorter gloves.
That's why I've been wearing short gloves too! But I figured I should i should give it a try cuz the short ones just don't cut it for protection. Hopefully I can wear it over the jacket sleeve. The longer gloves make it harder to grip as well because it shifts around so much!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think its greAt to support small businesses!! Which gloves are you using right now?

I am wearing Alpinestars Arbiter Gloves. My fingers are long, so it took awhile to break them in. They are short gloves with lots of mesh. I live in Florida so I need gloves that can move a lot of air. Not sure if these gloves would provide the best protection, but at the time it fit my budget. I am definitely looking for something with more leather and other features that would offer better protection than what I currently have.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just a heads up for those buying gauntlet styled gloves, and that they are larger then most fashionable Japanese riders.

I'm 180 cm, but 100kgs, not Dainese target market material. The jacket will fit but the sleeves push off the gauntlet gloves. You have 2 alternatives: Buy short cuff gloves (best option), or get your tailor to take off an inch of sleeve.

Short cuffs are cheaper.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts