Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been on an epic quest to find the perfect leather jacket. I am a curvy girl and I have ordered two other jackets that were awful fits. One was joe rocket and the other was alpine stars. I am really crossing my fingers that this jack fits!

Would love to know what other leather jackets are functional and provide a great fit for woman.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So which leather jackets are you ladies rockin? Just trying to have more options.

CarolynR that's Teknic. :) it was amazingly priced. If this is a bust (hah) then I am
Going to be very sad.

And rotary- lol Uhm I feel like you are the one that needs to
Show photographic evidence.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Hey Red, I'm not riding in leather because our Summer is fast approaching. I have a fantastic textile jacket that I just bought ready for our hot weather. It has a waterproof lining and winter thermal lining that you can take out and then just leave in all the armour. It's fantastic.

Let me know how you get on with the Teknic.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
So which leather jackets are you ladies rockin? Just trying to have more options.

CarolynR that's Teknic. :) it was amazingly priced. If this is a bust (hah) then I am
Going to be very sad.

And rotary- lol Uhm I feel like you are the one that needs to
Show photographic evidence.
Whats wrong with going to a shop and trying some on to make sure it fits?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Depends on where you are, but my lady got the right size by trying on a few different brands in a store. It's the only way. Don't roll the dice online. I got bit with some stupidly expensive gloves that I never wear (too big, likely to go on sale here soon)

Anyway, she liked the Racing Jacket

Dainese Women's Racing Leather Jacket - RevZilla

But is currently wearing a Roland Sands jacket that really suits her figure. Revzilla freight Roland Sands to Australia.

Dainese Women's Racing Leather Jacket - RevZilla

Coming up to summer, I personally think a armoured textile is the way to go. I swapped to textile as the temps hit 30+ degrees (in Sunny Coast currently on a bike tour of Oz) I enjoyed my riding a lot more today.

But the trick first is try it on first. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hey Red, I'm not riding in leather because our Summer is fast approaching. I have a fantastic textile jacket that I just bought ready for our hot weather. It has a waterproof lining and winter thermal lining that you can take out and then just leave in all the armour. It's fantastic.

Let me know how you get on with the Teknic.
What jacket exactly is it Carolyn? I'm still tryin to get my wife on the bike, she won't do the research for clothing, so if I wanna make this happen I need all the help I can get :)

Dave

Reactions: NakdWhtnonABS

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Of course I go often to the stores but there is such a limited selection for women and I find that the jacket prices in the stores are usually always higher. And most of the sales people have been honest that the quality jackets for women are online.

Dainese is a name I keep hearing from everyone and I have a friend who went down in her jacket and said it was barely scuffed. That would be my first choice if it wasn't $600!!!!

With that being said, thank you for your input peeps.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What jacket exactly is it Carolyn? I'm still tryin to get my wife on the bike, she won't do the research for clothing, so if I wanna make this happen I need all the help I can get :)

Dave
There is a huge selection of textile jackets. In my opinion the tighter the jacket the better it will protect you if you are to go down. I'm sure you know that. But because the textile is not as heavy, most have great fit. Joe Rocket makes a cute textile jackets.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My wife had hers tailor made (easy & cheap to do here) as she would struggle to find one small enough for her.

I on the other hand, had a tailored jacket because I'm a fat git and the chances of finding one in stock that fits in Thailand are virtually zero.
Now that Flikr is working again...

Not sure denim is the most sensible choice for Thailand, but for less than $50US, it's great value.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts