Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I looked everywhere online and cannot find a wiring diagram for my CBR500R. Sad thing is that I'm not in the US and cannot just order the service manual and have it arrive in a couple days. Can anyone please help me out with a high resolution pic form the service manual? I'm in desperate needs. It's my only mode of transportation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The headlights are not coming on but everything else works. Bike blew the 15A fuse twice in a day. After I replaced the fuse, the high beam light worked for a couple mins, then wouldn't come back on. All the fuses are good and so are the relays.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Perhaps there is a connection in the headlight switch on the handlebar that has broken or melted due to the same short that originally blew the fuse. See if you can bypass the switch and if the fuse blows again look for a bare wire rubbing the frame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No schematic, though I've pulled the bike apart enough times to know a few of them... What's the gremlin causing you grief?
Hey mate,
No schematic, though I've pulled the bike apart enough times to know a few of them... What's the gremlin causing you grief?
Hey mate, this post is old af... but maybe you could help me identify the positive and negative terminals on the ignition coils. Haha cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the ignition coils the black pins connect to black/white wires are the +
Thanks for your reply I ended up working it out, but tell me am I crazy? in the world of electrics black&white would be ground/negative. So it was like a pretty reasonable mistake. Hahah well so I'm telling myself.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep you are right and you would think car and bikes would use red/red with a stripe/or even white or some kind of a bright color for positive battery voltage - but nope! Black
Things that make you go huh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts