Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Once a bird drop or a dead insect dries, it's highly abrasive. I use a paper napkin, water saturated and placed on the drop. In a few seconds, the hardened material is very loose and easily removed. Another wet paper napkin wipes away the rest of the residue. A little cleaner wax won't hurt, afterwards.

Ralph

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use Honda spray polish for solvating the bugs and crap on the body as well as the wind screens of my bikes.
https://www.amazon.com/HONDA-08732-SCP00-Spray-Cleaner-Polish/dp/B004FSEJZA?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B004FSEJZA

It is cheaper than Amazon at both the Honda car and the Honda motorcycle dealers.

Ride safely,
This has been my go-to cleaner for a while, it works great and has an un-offensive scent.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Check out a company called ESOTERIC (esotericdetail.com) for car/motorcycle products that are far superior to anything you can purchase at the normal auto/bike places. More expensive, but unbelieveably good. ESOTERIC has hundreds of videos on YouTube and is considered by many high-end car enthusiasts to be the best auto/motorcycle detailing company in the country (maybe even in the world). This is where I purchase my auto/motorcycle cleaning & polishing products!

Check out their most recent video:

I happened to be visiting them a few weeks ago when that red Lamborghini came in. AWESOME car!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I do a quick clean of my bikes after each ride unless I get caught in the rain which requires a good washing. My quick clean, I use a micro fiber towel soaked and wring out with hot water, wipe down bike, bugs, etc...then dry with a dry micro fiber towel. Takes 10 or 15 minutes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Honda spray polish is the best thing I have ever used and it's cheap.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
FWIW, I like Simoniz "waterless wash and wax" and microfibre towels to wipe down all painted surfaces and plastics:

I'll use another microfibre lightly wetted with some WD40 to clean the wheels of road dust, brake dust, chain spray etc. Once done, I'll give them a pass with the Simoniz too to remove any oily residue from the WD.

Looks better than new after 2 years and 20,000kms:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update - no problems using Clorox wipes. Took all the bugs and crap off very easily

·
Registered
613 Posts
Once a bird drop or a dead insect dries, it's highly abrasive. I use a paper napkin, water saturated and placed on the drop. In a few seconds, the hardened material is very loose and easily removed. Another wet paper napkin wipes away the rest of the residue. A little cleaner wax won't hurt, afterwards.

Ralph
Virtually any dropping is very acidic and will eat the paint. I had something drop something on the top of my near new Toyota Corolla. I saw it the next morning - too late. Left a mark that I couldn't get rid of.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok..cheap ass here..I use a qt mix of 50% rubbing alcohol, 2-4oz ammonia into sprayer. ..spray on and wipe down bike..works great, cheap, kills germs and leaves no film, use in house for counter tops

I also use as a final cleaner before painting parts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would never use anything on a vehicle that was not specifically designed for auto/mc use. Lots of chemicals may not show an immediate negative but can cause enough damage to paint, etc. that it shouldn't be used even though it "worked great" for the immediate use.

Stick to what is designed for auto/mc use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts