Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a cool deal at my local dealer on a 2015 CBR500R ABS, but I absolutely hate the silver colored fairings. They also have scratches on them. Is it possible to put 2017 Black/Orange Fairings on the 2015 or will there be issues? This is my first CBR so I do not know a whole lot as far as the frames and the consistency between model years.

Thanks for the help Ya'll!

~ Ryan Roberts :wink:

·
Registered
101 Posts
The fairings won't fit as there were significant changes made for the 2016 model year, but I'm sure that with some retooling, boring and jerry rigging then it can be made to fit. More than likely it will look like Frankenstein's monster. Any option for upgrading?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! My local dealer does not have a 2016 available, but being on a budget I will do some searching on cycle trader. I assume the 16-17 models were kept the same, so in that scenario the fairings should fit??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply! My local dealer does not have a 2016 available, but being on a budget I will do some searching on cycle trader. I assume the 16-17 models were kept the same, so in that scenario the fairings should fit??
The 2016-17 models are identical. From 2013-15 there were the first generation cbr500r's and from 2016 onwards they're second generation. It wouldn't be worth the effort to try to retrofit a 2015 with parts from later model years as there would be obvious fitment issues. I chose the 2016 CBR500R because of the updated styling, led headlights, hinged gas cap, preload adjusters and easily removable windshield among other things. I wish you the best of luck with your ride. I love mine!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Even if the fairings would fit, they would cost a lot of money new. If you are looking to get them off of a crashed bike, the fairings are the first thing to get destroyed, so very few used intact ones would be available. Better to go with a pre-owned 2016 for the reasons stated. Another plus is the stock exhaust, which looks and sounds a bit better, reducing the urgency to go aftermarket.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As someone who has been hunting a good set of 2017 black/orange fairings for a year I would recommend against trying to fit those on anything that didn't come with them. Even if you buy new fairings, Honda doesn't produce the orange stickers for them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
this topic was already discussed in 2016 when the facelift was introduced and the short answer is: no. it won't fit.
as mentioned above, the mounting points are a little bit different, the whole headlight assembly is a different shape, so you would need to change that and with that the instrument cluster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts