Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what Honda is thinking ... but why is only the red going to be released in Canada?

My dealership that I deal with .. says it has something to do with Honda having a contract to purchase a certain number or each model and each color of that model in order to get a production discount ... and Canada just got screwed with Red ... LOL!

He also seems to think that other colors will be released here .. but the keeners that want it right now will have to settle for the red bike.... for now!

It just gives me an excuse to paint it ... muhahahh hahahahahah

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Yeah I heard of this issue for the canucks as well. I don't know why that is, imagine everybody having the same red CBR500R. Painting it will be a good choice. What color or what theme are you gonna be doing?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scheme

Yeah I heard of this issue for the canucks as well. I don't know why that is, imagine everybody having the same red CBR500R. Painting it will be a good choice. What color or what theme are you gonna be doing?
I do have an idea .. and it's from an older model .. although the curves and nakedness of the F are a little different some improvisation will look pretty sweet ....

View attachment 72

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Perhaps it's just the one 500 model? I ordered the cbr 500r in the HRC paint scheme and its scheduled to arrive in April. I questioned the rumor of only the red available in abs and was told its not true. That's the thing with rumors.....not all are true

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
it is nonsense to discuss tastes.
But no worries, red is the best color IMO. it is a fast color if you compare with black and white.
Black looks dull and does not show the bike - but stealth lovers might like it though.
And white looks so pure and it is for people on their 40s or 50s in andropause:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The red only thing is a model specific .... To the f and to Canada only.

·
Registered
38 Posts
CBR500R - Standard model available in Black, Pearl White/Blue/Red or Red. ABS model available in Red only.
Is it still a rumor right now or has it been confirmed that for the ABS model of the CBR500R is going to be available only in red in North America.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know for a fact that the CBR500R is available in ABS in the black .. .. I was going to put a deposit on one being shipped to Ontario .... Markham specifically ... before I found the comfort of the F model ... :) Hope this helps!

It changes the name to a CBR500RA ... 'A' meaning ABS

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I Don't Love Red .. what about something like this?

I really don't love red but I think doing something like this would take some of the wow of the red away. Any opinions?

I pick my F up tomorrow :)

I was thinking the black areas could be carbon fiber looking ... which would be kinda kewl ...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Is it still a rumor right now or has it been confirmed that for the ABS model of the CBR500R is going to be available only in red in North America.
I have the HRC/White with abs sitting in my garage. Pictures on another post so yes, red abs only is a rumor.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I think the red only applies to the CBR500F like mentioned above. There seem to be more colors available than red in the CBR500R ABS model. Just look at vroomvroom.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I really don't love red but I think doing something like this would take some of the wow of the red away. Any opinions?

I pick my F up tomorrow :)

I was thinking the black areas could be carbon fiber looking ... which would be kinda kewl ...
The only Carbon fiber that will look good is real carbon fiber, or even a carbon fiber overlay on the black area's (but even it looks tacky), carbon fiber vinyl looks horrible. I think it's better to keep the black area's as-is, or get it vinyl wrapped in a color that looks good with the rest of the bike.

I would wrap some of the black area's with white vinyl.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would wrap some of the black area's with white vinyl.
I am not a big fan of white either. I was thinking of getting 3M innovation to do the wrapping ... I dunno .. I'm sure I will just be happy picking it up tomorrow .. will post pictures for sure when I get home on Wed or Thur :)

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
cb550f, it looks good as it is man really:)
but you might consider wrapping or painting the side fairings to black sure it looks good.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I like the F red more than the R. The candy red really looks good. I do wish I could get a white one though, but not sure it's worth driving across the border. LOL

I think I'll just deal with it and either vinyl wrap it or paint it in the future after I scratch it up (nooby rider expecting to drop the bike a few times).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't believe that I need my first 1000 km service already ... **** I'm putting the km's on really quickly :p

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
141 Posts
that's funny, I wanted the Red to come to the US, but all we got is the Black and the White! I think the Red looks sharp!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
That's funny, I wanted the white one, and all we got down here is one RED one!
I think the white looks sharp!
( See, people getting screwed everywhere. )
:(

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's funny, I wanted the white one, and all we got down here is one RED one!
I think the white looks sharp!
( See, people getting screwed everywhere. )
:(
Ship your red parts to forum member khondas, and he can ship his white parts to you, then you both can be the envy of your own countries.:) should be able to ship for under $200, cheaper than a paint job.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts