Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed to this bike for many reasons, some of which were, weight, economy, my age, running costs etc etc, But the single most deciding factor even after a road test where I was losing 90 odd horsepower to my old favorite bike was the looks of this bike , to me it is like a painting of madonna, I never get fed up with looking at it and stroking it with a rag full of polish. Call me sad but you never always end up with something so satisfying, and all the little pluses I get when riding is just a bonus.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds good! I was looking between 500x and 500F but realized I will mostly drive on paved roads here around California and the less weight is better for me just now, i.e. 500F with some modifications was all I needed. A good windscreen and the 500F 2019 is great now.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sounds good! I was looking between 500x and 500F but realized I will mostly drive on paved roads here around California and the less weight is better for me just now, i.e. 500F with some modifications was all I needed. A good windscreen and the 500F 2019 is great now.
Maybe one day you'll end up with both a F and an X like me. They are different enough to justify it. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, but for me one bike is enough, will drive it to its end and then maybe get a new one later. A 500f works fine for paved roads, even across USA. Got tired of dirt riding when I was a kid....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, but for me one bike is enough, will drive it to its end and then maybe get a new one later. A 500f works fine for paved roads, even across USA. Got tired of dirt riding when I was a kid....
I agree with you. 500F works fine in CA because it works well on paved roads.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I changed to this bike for many reasons, some of which were, weight, economy, my age, running costs etc etc, But the single most deciding factor even after a road test where I was losing 90 odd horsepower to my old favorite bike was the looks of this bike , to me it is like a painting of madonna, I never get fed up with looking at it and stroking it with a rag full of polish. Call me sad but you never always end up with something so satisfying, and all the little pluses I get when riding is just a bonus.
Yep

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts