Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I've looked high and low and can't find a simple passenger backrest for the 500X. After more than a year in the market, I would think someone would have an offering for a backrest without having to spend nearly $1000 on the factory top box and mounting plate. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey guys...I've looked high and low and can't find a simple passenger backrest for the 500X. After more than a year in the market, I would think someone would have an offering for a backrest without having to spend nearly $1000 on the factory top box and mounting plate. Am I missing something?
I have sent John a link to this post, he should be in touch soon.
Thanks "rawcolors" for puting the link up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sorry to say this but I've put every thing regarding these racks ,backrest on hold.
all very well showing interest but I do need to sell these.
I've already spent quite a bit of money in getting these sorted and made but so far I've not sold one.
I thought I'll make some thing small and neat and fitting a long the line of the tail piece as well as offering a back rest with or with out a rack.
also just recently I've purchase a grab rail(for X models only) for soft side luggage(removable).
also I can make a heavy duty Rack for you guys who like off roading but again this will be on hold to.
from the out set I made it clear that I do not own any CB models but to offer my wares. anyway its up to you guys now whether I continue to make these or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is the prototype that I'm working on.Irishrover kindly fitted it onto his 'X'
it is a little high at the mo.
I know you say your not making these anymore, Did you ever make them for CBR500R?
If so, can I ask what the price was please.
Im in Oz and cant find them anywhere :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know you say your not making these anymore, Did you ever make them for CBR500R?
If so, can I ask what the price was please.
Im in Oz and cant find them anywhere :(
what are you wanting a back rest?
I will still make them but not to hang up till some one buys them
but to orders only.
the racks will fit all three models. the only difference is the X model which has 4 mounts instead of two but my racks will fit all two mounts with an infill for the X model.
I've still got a couple of racks that I made ages ago and also a combo which is a back rest with a rack but a bit heavy to post to Australia unless you don't mind pay £60 for postage.:eek
as long its 2kgs or under postage will be £25.00 rgds john

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ouch... 60 pound postage :(
I have my 9yr old hounding me for rides all the time, which I dont mind but would prefer to have something on the back as insurance so she doesnt fall back..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ouch... 60 pound postage :(
I have my 9yr old hounding me for rides all the time, which I dont mind but would prefer to have something on the back as insurance so she doesnt fall back..
if it just back rest it wont cost you no where near £60.
postage cost will be around the £25 as long as its 2kg or under.
the back rest will be under 2kg so no problem.
this rack in the picture is heavy and this one will cost £60 to ship.

but if you want this one,£25 to ship.

back rest only with no rack about £22.00.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Those look great Johnakay, much better then any of the other racks on the market. Did you ever get around to designing a saddle rack too? I'm working on figuring the best way to put some Pelican's on my "f", not crazy about any of the racks I have seen, all very pricy for the little metal in them. The SW-Motech looks like it would snap apart even with our light 500s. What is/was your price on the racks?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is the prototype that I'm working on.Irishrover kindly fitted it onto his 'X'
it is a little high at the mo.
Hello johnakay!

This is probably a shot in the dark but I saw you make custom backrests. Any chance you developed anything for a 2017 Honda CB500X? I noticed in some of your old posts that people aren't paying? I can pay in advance if that is an issue. Also, I'm hoping you can ship to the USA or Georgia (the country).

Joel
+995 591973982 (WhatsApp/Signal)
+14017020911 (voice)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts