Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for white side panel fairings for the 2013 CBR500R I've seen them on google images and I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find them in the UK? I may be willing to order internationally providing the shipping costs aren't extortionately high.

OEM part numbers:

83610-MGZ-J00
83510-MGZ-J00

·
Registered
406 Posts
Fowlers is where I normally go for spare parts. They are based in Bristol and if you are nearby you can collect in person:

I think I used bike-parts-honda.com once, they are based in London even though the site looks like they are a continental European one:

NHA87 is Honda's colour code for Pearl Himalayas White, which was the white model of the bike released in the U.K. in 2013. I would check the colour with someone before buying rather than committing online.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually looking for an aftermarket piece in white instead of the usual black that is stock on these bikes, the OEM parts I have are perfectly fine and don't require replacement however I feel like if they were white to match the rest of the fairings it would look a lot nicer, IMO

Fowlers is where I normally go for spare parts. They are based in Bristol and if you are nearby you can collect in person:

I think I used bike-parts-honda.com once, they are based in London even though the site looks like they are a continental European one:

NHA87 is Honda's colour code for Pearl Himalayas White, which was the white model of the bike released in the U.K. in 2013. I would check the colour with someone before buying rather than committing online.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Assuming what you saw online was someone's bike and not an ad for the panels (else you would have just ordered from them) then it is probably something they did themselves.

So I would buy some stock panels to paint yourself, if it is for a white bike then you can buy paint with the Honda colour code to match the style of the rest of the bike, else you should easily be able to find a service which will do that for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's the photo I've seen on google images, from what I see this doesn't really look custom, it looks too professionally made for it to be just some dodgy paint job.

Assuming what you saw online was someone's bike and not an ad for the panels (else you would have just ordered from them) then it is probably something they did themselves.

So I would buy some stock panels to paint yourself, if it is for a white bike then you can buy paint with the Honda colour code to match the style of the rest of the bike, else you should easily be able to find a service which will do that for you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Why do you think a custom paint is dodgy? Most custom paint shops can do the most intricate designs, think tattoo artists rather than decorators, that something like that would be almost a waste of their time!

If you do not feel you could do it yourself (I only needed to paint the top box bars on my bike with an anti-rust paint and now they look like old fence railings!) then I would just look online at shops as they will likely have samples of their work on their websites. Then either email them the photo, or better still visit one near you, to ask if they can copy it. So visiting would be better as they can see your bike to ensure a match.

That bike, incidentally, is a Tricolour model which was first released in 2014, so the correct colour code is NH196 "Ross White."

Good luck, if you find somewhere whose work you like you should not be disappointed.

·
Registered
337 Posts
you know, what's funny? if you actually did a google search on the image, you would quickly find, that the bike belongs to @tothezenith here on the forum and the piece is custom (as is / was half of his bike)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts