Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to have info on what plugs will work for the 14' 500F? I am over 16k and know they have never been replaced, and am getting slight stuttering at certain RPM, so figured it is time to replace.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you are going to change the spark plugs spend a bit more and go for iridium spark plugs. You will be quietly impressed.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I like Iridium too, but I would bet the bit of shuttering you are getting is from fuel spray not being even. Try fuel system cleaner (I really prefer LUCAS) and then use LUCAS fuel additive ALL the time. I have for years, and on my carb bikes, carbs stayed perfectly clean and were lubed to the touch. It really helps fuel injectors to stay clean and lubed. Ratio is 400 to 1 so (I purchase by the gallon and use in everything I own) and a gallon lasts a loooooong time!

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like Iridium too, but I would bet the bit of shuttering you are getting is from fuel spray not being even. Try fuel system cleaner (I really prefer LUCAS) and then use LUCAS fuel additive ALL the time. I have for years, and on my carb bikes, carbs stayed perfectly clean and were lubed to the touch. It really helps fuel injectors to stay clean and lubed. Ratio is 400 to 1 so (I purchase by the gallon and use in everything I own) and a gallon lasts a loooooong time!
I'll have to look into it. I have been adding Marvel Mystery to every tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts