• 500 F

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • 500 X

Votes: 6 8.5%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
By the look right now of the vote poll the CBR500R is winning for now but the more recent threads created were owners of the CB500F. Those are popular too but no love for the CB500X? Haven't seen any owners on here yet.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the look right now of the vote poll the CBR500R is winning for now but the more recent threads created were owners of the CB500F. Those are popular too but no love for the CB500X? Haven't seen any owners on here yet.
I'm pretty sure the X isn't out in most of the world so the stats may not give a true reflection of owners or future owners.

No reason the F shouldn't be doing well though, interesting;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
If I didnt have a hard-on for the fully faired look, I'd get an X for sure. They just look like nothing but a good time

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very poor showing for the X and F. Surely there's more people on here who own or intend to own one of those?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was really set on the X at first. But after a month I shifted to the R. I thought, I had always had a more upright/cruser bike. I want something a little sporty. Then it was just between a faring or not. Well I just fell for the classic dual headlights so faring won.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'd go for the F, but it's too similar to what I've been on for the past 5 years. A few years back, I drooled over BMW's naked 800.
I'd go for the X, but we (my wife and I) would have to get two, and that's something we might want about 5 or so years in the future.
I've wanted a faired sport bike for a while now, and Honda has made some great, affordable, sporty bikes for us, and the timing is right. The 250 came out right when she was thinking of getting into riding, and it's perfect; she loves it. I love riding it and like it more than my Nighthawk S (though I sure like the power that has; too bad I'm breaking the law in a second when I twist my wrist). After riding the 250 a lot, I can hardly stand the upright seating position of my S, so now I have the 500R.
My point is that I got the R not because the F and X are inferior in my view (not at all). Rather, it's just a matter of timing. I'd love for us to have two of each, actually :)

Reactions: NSR_Devil

·
Registered
565 Posts
F all the way ... give it time, the poll will change for sure!!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The "R" is running away on the poll!

Sadly though, the more popular it is, the less cool it will be. Who wants to ride a "trendy" bike?
:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
The "R" is running away on the poll!

Sadly though, the more popular it is, the less cool it will be. Who wants to ride a "trendy" bike?
Ask everyone that rides an R6 or Gixxer that lol.

I think part of the huge alure with the bike now (at least where I am) is just GETTING one, and getting on in the color you actually want. Its like a freaking unicorn bike right now

·
Registered
62 Posts
lololol - CBR500 Unicorn - it's funny coz it's true...:D

Reactions: vroom_vroom

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Ask everyone that rides an R6 or Gixxer that lol.
You know it! Which is why you see so many of these bikes customized-out. Dudes are trying hard to make their ride look different!

I think part of the huge alure with the bike now (at least where I am) is just GETTING one, and getting one in the color you actually want. Its like a freaking unicorn bike right now
OMG... tell me about it.
I fell in love with the 500R white tri-color non-ABS model the first time I seen it on the internet.
I went to my local dealer a week later to make a deal and take her home.
My local dealer got 1 RED ABS model. He had no other colors.
I haggled-out a deal, put $1,000 cash down on it, and it's "on order".
Won't be here for another MONTH.
You know I am jonesin' for it. Which is why I spend everyday posting on this forum.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was torn over the R and the F model for a long time. I like the naked look so would lean to the F but then I would get concerned about how bad the wind would be without a fairing and so would lean to the R, and back and forth...

Ultimately I decided on the F, because where I live, most other riders are on fully faired bikes or Harleys, and I wanted a little more individuality in the bike I would ride. Based on that, it looks like I chose well, nary a naked/standard in a sea of fairings and cruisers!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bump

Just wanted to give the newer members a chance to add to the poll as the 500F and 500X didn't seem to be doing as well compared to the 500R

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Getting a black R delivered in the next few days :)

Reactions: Natrix
1 - 20 of 20 Posts