Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Would be great to have some views on good tyres for my CB500X. Got back into biking last year after a 30 plus year break so it's good to get advice from others. I currently have Bridgestones but need to get some new ones and thinking about Michelin Road 5's or 6's which seem good VFM and have heard some good reviews from a few. In reality, I do mostly dry tarmac roads and gone are the days when I wear out the footrests. Metzeler roadtec 01's have been suggested by a younger gun, just not sure I ever push the bike to need that level of performance or justify the cost so wondering what seems to be working well for you guys?

thanks
Ian

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sorry it's a late reply. As I don't know what tyres the X should run, I can only give you my experience on the tyres I have used. The Michelin road 5s are faultless other than after a few miles the sipes feather a bit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For my CBR500R the stock tires lasted only about 6500 miles. I drive mostly freeways. So I wanted a long lasting tire. The Parelli angel GT1 lasted over 10k miles. I am on my second set now. As I bought the Parelli angel GT2. They have good grip on the roads with twists and turns

·
Registered
2020 CBR500R - bone stock (for now)
9 Posts
I just bought a new 2019 model CBR500R from the dealer. The tires are 5 years old and I feel the front end very wobbly and unstable. I think the tires are too old and hardened, I'm looking for tire recommendations from the group, thanks! Should I stop riding on these old tires? Unfortunately the dealer won't give me new tires, eventhough I bought the bike new from them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Getting advice on tires what tires to buy on a forum like this in my view is a fairly worthless effort. Particularly if one doesn't detail what tire characteristics are most important to them, such as kind of riding you do (on-road versus off-road), how aggressively you ride, if you prefer tread life over traction or visa versa, or how deep your pocket books are. Then when someone suggest a particular tire, you will likely find it doesn't come in the size that fits your bike, or is no longer available. Throw on top of that, most of the opinions you get are based on the opinioner's limited experience with all brands and styles available along with their unsubstantiated biases (a regular feature of forum replies). My opinion, choose a tread design that fits your style and go for it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just bought a new 2019 model CBR500R from the dealer....
I feel the front end very wobbly and unstable. I think the tires are too old and hardened,...
It sounds to me like your actual question is "why does my front end feel very wobbly and unstable?"

I suggest you start a new thread about that so that you get responses about the many possibilities. The chance it is due to your low mileage tires is very slim.

It would also help us if you say what bike you rode prior to buying this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts