Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Which Honda CBR500 model and color scheme are you getting?

• Honda CBR500R - Black

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Honda CBR500R - Pearl White/Blue/Red

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Honda CBR500R - Red

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Honda CBR500F - Black

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Honda CBR500F - Pearl White

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Honda CBR500X - Matte Black Metallic

Votes: 7 11.3%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm sensing some US bias here - in Canada, the colour schemes are different - the CB500F is only available in red and only with ABS (not an option).

And yes, I did spell "color" with a "U" - the way it should be spelled ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
We get the cb500f in White, Black and Red. It's pretty in red.

But I really have no idea yet wich model i prefer.
The cbr500r looks great, the fairing make it look like a Supersport. But i'm worried how far the lean forward is ( for commuting purposes )
The 500F looks more like the ER6N , it looks like a great seating position but maybe a bit too "nice" looking ?
The 500x has the look of a small offroader. Looks like a perfect seating position, nice and upright, great for commuting. Put some bags on the sides and the world awaits...

Decisions decisions ....

·
Registered
32 Posts
We get the cb500f in White, Black and Red. It's pretty in red.

But I really have no idea yet wich model i prefer.
The cbr500r looks great, the fairing make it look like a Supersport. But i'm worried how far the lean forward is ( for commuting purposes )
The 500F looks more like the ER6N , it looks like a great seating position but maybe a bit too "nice" looking ?
The 500x has the look of a small offroader. Looks like a perfect seating position, nice and upright, great for commuting. Put some bags on the sides and the world awaits...

Decisions decisions ....
We're of the same mind on many things. First, the red looks awesome and I'm glad the F comes in that colour here in Canada. Second, my biggest issue will be riding position. I'm looking for a bike that will be comfortable to ride for both in city commuting and long rides.

I'm torn between the F and X models. If the F has a good aftermarket windscreen, I'd probably go with it in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I would like a 500F in white with ABS.

Not available in my country.

I'll probably just keep riding the '89 NX250.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
i feel that Red is such a generic color for a bike, especially for honda bikes. Im glad they came out with a few more color themes this year. But i still would go with the matte black metallic.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Cbr500r....HRC colors. I've had bikes in black and red so I'll rock the the tri this time

·
Registered
87 Posts
Has anyone seen a tri-colour in the flesh? Are the red/blue stripes external stickers, or do they have a clear coat over top?

I'd be keen on white with a little grey on charcoal stripe action to break it up. Otherwise i'll likely just go all black.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I've not only saw the tri but sat on the bike. Pretty sure it's clear coat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've also seen the Tri color in person, didn't think to check if the blue and red stripes were paint or stickers, but it looked good enough for me to not care :)

Hopefully it is paint and not stickers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just attended the Edmonton Motorcycle show so finally got to see and sit on all 3 of the 500's. The CBR500R looks great but only feels good. It is after all a sportbike. The CB500X looks good but feels great. Despite that I have always had sport bikes, this time I think I will go with what feels great and vote for the CB500X. I still want to ride them both this June when the local dealers have their riding events before I decide on getting one. They are all nice bikes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey westerncharger, I went to thebike show in Calgary and totally agree that the X was the most comfortable.

Right now I am trying to decide between a red F or a black X.

- Chad

1 - 20 of 30 Posts