Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m very fortunate to live in Tasmania, where the back roads are pretty empty and twisty… and a great climate. So I ride the back roads near home and there are rivers, mountains and beaches within a hour. I’d love to hear where other riders take their bikes, and even see some photos? This is my new bike, and had a great time combining my passion for photography with my love of riding 😃
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am also extremely fortunate to live in two places where the riding is amazing & year around.
My primary residence is in coastal Northern California smack dab in Sonoma County wine country. We are 5 miles, as the crow flies, form the coast on the Russian River. The coastal range rises abruptly from the ocean to about 800 meters. There are many small, technical empty roads & many, pick & choose, loops. Our coast road is nothing short of spectacular. If you have Youtube type in Skaggs Springs/motorcycles. Our other, winter, home is in the Southern California low desert near the Mexican boarder. A small town, Borrego Springs. Here I tend to use my duel sport Yamaha for the over 500 miles of dirt roads available for getting into trouble. There is however some great road riding there as well & also very quiet traffic wise. I like photography & will often stop to shoot whatever catches my eye.
Water Sky Natural landscape Mountain Coastal and oceanic landforms

Sonoma Coast California
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Plant

Descending into Little Blair Valley Anza Borrego State Park
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Over looking Canyon Sin Nombre, Anza Borrego SP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for sha
I am also extremely fortunate to live in two places where the riding is amazing & year around.
My primary residence is in coastal Northern California smack dab in Sonoma County wine country. We are 5 miles, as the crow flies, form the coast on the Russian River. The coastal range rises abruptly from the ocean to about 800 meters. There are many small, technical empty roads & many, pick & choose, loops. Our coast road is nothing short of spectacular. If you have Youtube type in Skaggs Springs/motorcycles. Our other, winter, home is in the Southern California low desert near the Mexican boarder. A small town, Borrego Springs. Here I tend to use my duel sport Yamaha for the over 500 miles of dirt roads available for getting into trouble. There is however some great road riding there as well & also very quiet traffic wise. I like photography & will often stop to shoot whatever catches my eye. View attachment 73501
Sonoma Coast California
View attachment 73502
Descending into Little Blair Valley Anza Borrego State Park
View attachment 73503
Over looking Canyon Sin Nombre, Anza Borrego SP
thank you for sharing your Images! Are you doing a lot of your riding on unsealed roads? The scenery looks amazing :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts