Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks
I think I may not find anyone here can answer this question, but I actually have a CB500X, and want to switch out the wheels for tubeless spoked wheels. I know that Most all of you would not be looking to do this on the R model, but I thought maybe someone might be familiar with this issue
Rally Raid in England has wheels for the X, but they've been out of stock for quite awhile now (12-18 months maybe) and if and when they get them back in stock, they're very very pricey. I found a company KHH Racing that has these same wheels for half the cost. I firmly believe that you usually get what you pay for, and no doubt these tubeless spoked wheels are made in china. I'm pretty sure that Rally Raid makes there's in house. So my question has anyone out there ever purchased these KHH wheels, or heard anything about them
Thanks
Rob A
Cazenovia NY

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want to go from the ease of cast wheels, to a spoke wheel, needing tubes.
What are tubeless spoke wheels??????

Hello Jdock
Im taking a 2019 CB500X onto the TAT (Transamerican Trail) in two years. Its a decent bike for an offroad trip across the country, but it does need to be modified. Tubeless spoked wheels are specially built spoked wheels that are sealed in such a way that they don't need tubes. So if you get a puncture, they can be plugged and then refilled. Good enough until you stop for the night or can get the wheel and tire off and do a proper repiar off the trail. Cast wheels are not something that you'd want to take on the TAT. The KHH wheels are certainly decent lookng and they're literally less than half the cost of the the RALLY RAID wheels, but as I said, Im sure they're built in China and I'd want to hear from people who have used them .
Thanks
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts