Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am by no means a wheelie expert, but I tried the same thing Rocky did for a while, it doesn't work. I'd say Gresh probably felt like he was further off the ground than he really was the same way people feel like they are leaning over a long way in a bend while most of the time they really aren't.
Well, I didn't want to say that, but I was thinking it :spin

Clutch ups are the way to go anyway... from everything I've read, heard and learned, they are much safer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am by no means a wheelie expert, but I tried the same thing Rocky did for a while, it doesn't work. I'd say Gresh probably felt like he was further off the ground than he really was the same way people feel like they are leaning over a long way in a bend while most of the time they really aren't.
Youre probably right! I still know I got high up though!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
252 Posts
Something for off the public roads in my opinion.

Not my thing, but whatever rocks your boat I suppose.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Lol... you and your bike are tiny!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
9693_10201750918471754_449147514_n.jpg
:smileup

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have been doing wheelies on my CBX pretty easily from first gear no clutch only raw power. I do it by raising the rpms to about 4500 then cut the throttle to preload the forks the open the throttle fast pull on the bars and up she goes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have been doing wheelies on my CBX pretty easily from first gear no clutch only raw power. I do it by raising the rpms to about 4500 then cut the throttle to preload the forks the open the throttle fast pull on the bars and up she goes.
Pretty much how i do it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,131 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
That is going to put a lot of pressure on your drive train...clutch it up, easier, safer, and less damaging.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
So tempting to walk outside and practise a clutch up right now, but I'm at work so I'll refrain from being embarassed in front of my staff :p

Reactions: CBR_Dave
21 - 40 of 70 Posts