Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

What are you guys Riding now? Post it up...

13K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  jcline117 
#1 ·
Just curious on what everybody is riding at the moment. Post up your Specs and a picture.

Year
Brand
Model

What you like about it?

Picture

I'll Start...

Honda
CBR250R

This was my first bike as a starter but now since I've been riding on it for a bit and got use to it i find it a bit slow and want a bit more power. Hence, that why im looking closely in to the CBR500R. Dont really want to jump in to the supersport series just yet until i feel a 100%. Share your stories guys :)

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice bike bartholomeo! For an 85' it looks like its in marvelous condition. Im so jealous right now. I remember riding one of those on vacation and it was even close to the condition of yours. So do you have a cbr500 or considering?

#6 ·
My daily rider is an '89 Honda NX250. I bought it 5 years ago with 10K miles for $1300; it now has a bit over 29K miles.

#19 · (Edited)
Someones movin on quick with the mod bug, Which exhaust is that? I curious on how it sounds.
Bike1Love & NSR_Devil -- That is an M4 Street Slayer in Carbon Fiber. I got it from BioHazardCycles via the cbr250.net forum. I don't have any sound clips of my own, but you can find some on YouTube. I've never removed the DB Killer insert as it is loud enough for me with it in.

As far as additional mods, I'd like to powdercoat the wheels and rear sets black and then just keep riding the piss out of it.

Great minds think alike :cool:
:D

#20 ·
My Suzuki GS500 just died so I am looking for a new bike. I love the fuel economy of the small engine bikes but 250s don't have enough power to get over the hills around my house at speed so 500cc fits me perfectly. I cant wait until my local shop gets these in!

#21 ·
My 250r. Full Yosh carbon fibre exhaust, Bazzaz ZFI fuel controller, Yosh frame sliders, PD wheels rear sets and levers, rear cowl, carbon fibre wrap, Puig smoked windscreen.

As far as mods on the 500r, I plan on riding it a season to get a feel of what improvements I wld like. Since it's a P-twin I am not sure how awesome a new pie will sound. With the single, the 250 sounded like a loud dirt bike and honestly after two years I tired of it. Sounds wonderful at idle but wound up, a wee bit tiresome. Esthetic wise the 250 exhaust was fugly so it definately needed a face lift. I am leaning towards sprocket changes with this 500 if I feel a need for either increased low end power or high end. Riding it for a season will give me more info re: this mod. Will not be messing with signal lights as ppl need to see me signal. Flush mounted signal lights tend to not give surrounding vehicles a heads up. The cagers are already blind. :cool:

Attachments

Reactions: loserlazer
#25 ·
My wife's first bike (nearly 50 years ago) was a Honda Cub, so the picture of your Wave brings back fond memories.

IIRC, the Wave was about the most popular 2-wheeled taxi in Bangkok a few years ago. I never could figure why the 125-150 cc bikes and scooters didn't sell in the US. They are economical and easy to maintain.

#26 ·
I noticed this to where 125-150cc are dominant over in countries like thailand and vietnam. I think the concept for motorcycles in the US is "Go big or go home" but yes you are right jsonder they are very economial and easy to maintain. I just dont know why it not a big trend over here in the US.

#30 ·
Current RIdes: 2012 GL1800 Goldwing & 2011 Suzuki DRZ400

My Goldwing is great for lengthy, over-the-road touring but I also need a pair of wheels that'll take me through city traffic while running short errands. The Suzuki does OK with the short hops but it is very tall and I'm always on tip-toes at stop lights. This season the CBR500 will become my newest ride and the Suzuki is going to the highest bidder.

Attachments

#31 ·
Like several others here, I've made my way over from CBR250.net .. I'm salivating at the chance to try the 500R. My current ride is a '12 CBR250R in black:

Love her to death, but I'd really like to have a little more "oomph" to get going down the road and on the highways.

#33 ·
I have a deposit down on a red CBR500R ABS and am just waiting for my dealer to find one and bring it in. :):):) Got my insurance lined up and ready to rock the second she hits the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.