Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on what everybody is riding at the moment. Post up your Specs and a picture.

Year
Brand
Model

What you like about it?

Picture

I'll Start...

Honda
CBR250R

This was my first bike as a starter but now since I've been riding on it for a bit and got use to it i find it a bit slow and want a bit more power. Hence, that why im looking closely in to the CBR500R. Dont really want to jump in to the supersport series just yet until i feel a 100%. Share your stories guys :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just curious on what everybody is riding at the moment. Post up your Specs and a picture.

Year
Brand
Model

What you like about it?

Picture

I'll Start...

Honda
CBR250R

This was my first bike as a starter but now since I've been riding on it for a bit and got use to it i find it a bit slow and want a bit more power. Hence, that why im looking closely in to the CBR500R. Dont really want to jump in to the supersport series just yet until i feel a 100%. Share your stories guys :)

Nice starter bike. I also had a CBR250R but sold it a while back before I moved. Awesome bikes! I was told if you can ride one of these flawlessly and get really used to it, you should be somewhat ready for a CBR500. Give it a shot!

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this : Honda mbx80 from '85

Nice bike bartholomeo! For an 85' it looks like its in marvelous condition. Im so jealous right now. I remember riding one of those on vacation and it was even close to the condition of yours. So do you have a cbr500 or considering?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
My daily rider is an '89 Honda NX250. I bought it 5 years ago with 10K miles for $1300; it now has a bit over 29K miles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Right now while i work on getting my license they have me on a CB125E. Not too shabby for a 125.

Back many many moons ago though had a TZR250 followed by a CBR250RR babyblade.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got the same bike as NSR Devil.

I bought it to replace a laid-down '03 Shadow Spirit 750 (VT-750).

I also added a Corbin seat last year.

Looking at adding a CB500X. I'll see how it feels this weekend at the IMS.
Someones movin on quick with the mod bug, Which exhaust is that? I curious on how it sounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What exhaust is that?
Someones movin on quick with the mod bug, Which exhaust is that? I curious on how it sounds.
Bike1Love & NSR_Devil -- That is an M4 Street Slayer in Carbon Fiber. I got it from BioHazardCycles via the cbr250.net forum. I don't have any sound clips of my own, but you can find some on YouTube. I've never removed the DB Killer insert as it is loud enough for me with it in.

As far as additional mods, I'd like to powdercoat the wheels and rear sets black and then just keep riding the piss out of it.

Great minds think alike :cool:
:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Suzuki GS500 just died so I am looking for a new bike. I love the fuel economy of the small engine bikes but 250s don't have enough power to get over the hills around my house at speed so 500cc fits me perfectly. I cant wait until my local shop gets these in!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts