Registered
616 Posts
Good looking! Right price too!

I did my own, but yours look better.

Amazing difference in rear view!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased this for my CB500F and the screws supplied don't seem to fit the mirror. Too big? Anybody encountered similar?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I purchased this for my CB500F and the screws supplied don't seem to fit the mirror. Too big? Anybody encountered similar?

Mirror threads are M10 x 1.25. Don't forget, that the threads on the mirror stem that are used for positioning are left handed, (not the ones that are on the very bottom of the mirror stem - i.e. the ones that actually thread into the bracket on the handlebar).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mirror threads are M10 x 1.25. Don't forget, that the threads on the mirror stem that are used for positioning are left handed, (not the ones that are on the very bottom of the mirror stem - i.e. the ones that actually thread into the bracket on the handlebar).
I'm not sure I follow. The screws that are used to mount the extender on to the handlebar doesn't fit the thread. It just doesn't seem to catch the thread.

·
Registered
616 Posts
On mine, I mfg. my own mirror extenders, 3/8" thick. On one end, I drilled a clearance hole to clear M10mm which is the size of the bottom of the adapter shaft. I then purchased M10 x 1.25 hex bolts to mount the extenders to the handlebar where the mirrors used to screw into. The bolts had to be long enough to go through the 3/8" extender and still have plenty of thread to hold the extender tightly to the handlebar mount.

On the other end of my extenders, I drilled and tapped an M10 x 1.25 tapped hole - this is where I screwed in the bottom of the mirror adapters. This is a right hand thread. However on the top of the mirror adapters (the factory ones) the thread is left hand - this is where the nut is that you use to adjust the mirror stems around circularly where you want them.

Check https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/hon/58e2bb8687a866054c370658/mirror

Items #4 & 5 - these are left handed threads on the top thread. On the threaded bottom stem, these are M10 x 1.25 right hand threads.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well I got mine installed this evening and it was a breeze. I can’t wait to test them tomorrriw morning on the commute. Thanks for the tip on these extenders.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry for the necro post, but does anyone know what I could use to clean the bolts? There was a heavy rain and the slots rusted. Short of ordering new ones, I thought I would try to clean them first. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
bolts are fairly cheap, I'd just go to the hardware store or equivalent and try to get the same thread and size.

Could also try some CLR and let them soak in that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts