Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I've changed the chain on my CB500F last year to DID VX3 + Gears. It has been doing this weird whine coming from front sprocket ever since. Seems to get better when I grease the chain. I thought it was the gearbox, but it doesn't really depend on the gear selected, more on speed. Seems to start at around 30/40 kmh. The noise only appears when the chain is loaded, even a little bit of gas, and you can hear it.

Anyone experenced similar issues ? Is it safe to ride or will I damage something.
I have a service arranged in a few days, but gotta take a longer trip this weekend.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey,

I've changed the chain on my CB500F last year to DID VX3 + Gears. It has been doing this weird whine coming from front sprocket ever since. Seems to get better when I grease the chain. I thought it was the gearbox, but it doesn't really depend on the gear selected, more on speed. Seems to start at around 30/40 kmh. The noise only appears when the chain is loaded, even a little bit of gas, and you can hear it.

Anyone experenced similar issues ? Is it safe to ride or will I damage something.
I have a service arranged in a few days, but gotta take a longer trip this weekend.
Obviously chain tension is the first thing to check, I guess you have checked that. Silly question but did you fit the front sprocket on the right way round, they are off set ?.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts