Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
How about this shop in Bangkok -

CBR 500R :: Rear sets,Frame Slider, §, ?

I was there this afternoon. They don't have stock of any of the parts I was interested in for my CBR500R, but claim they will have next week. They have a red CBR500R sitting out the front with front wheel sliders, engine mounted sliders, rear wheel sliders, exhaust mounted slider, new front footrests (non-folding, not sure I like that idea but they said it works as another slider, you can't have too many sliders haha), custom stickers, new xenon headlights and LED strips under the lights (looks cool, I might do that, any comments?), new red brake and clutch levers, clip on handlebars, Akrapovic exhaust and probably a bunch more stuff that I didn't notice. It's likely the most accessorised CBR500R on the planet. I have photos of some of this stuff if anyone's interested. Anyway I've set myself a challenge to get more sliders on my bike than this dude has. And I'm gonna investigate the K-Speed exhaust. I was at a set of lights today and couldn't even hear my bike when a 10+ year old 4 cylinder superbike rolled up next to me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
And, I have email confirmation from this company that all these saddlebags will fit a CBR500R -

SPRT-50 TOURING SADDLEBAGS
CL-905 SPORT TOURING SADDLEBAGS
CL-950 DELUXE SADDLEBAGS

However I saw a review on Amazon where a guy with a 2013 650 Ninja said he can't take a pillion with the Nelson Rigg CL-905 saddlebags attached so I don't think they will fit my needs. If anybody buys any of these I'd appreciate feedback on suitability. I really like the look of the "Saddlebag with Saddlebag Panel" for CBR500X ( http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/honda-cb500x/121-2013-honda-cbr500x-accessories.html ) but K. Dor in Bangkok Big Wing told me this week that 1. they don't have any stock and no idea if/when they will and 2. he would have to make a potentially nasty looking hole through my plastic in order to reach the mounting bolts in the subframe (CBR500R shares the same subframe as CB500X but the exterior is obviously different).

·
Registered
582 Posts
Will you have a set of training wheels to go with all the sliders?

·
Registered
279 Posts

I was there this afternoon. They don't have stock of any of the parts I was interested in for my CBR500R, but claim they will have next week. They have a red CBR500R sitting out the front with front wheel sliders, engine mounted sliders, rear wheel sliders, exhaust mounted slider, new front footrests (non-folding, not sure I like that idea but they said it works as another slider, you can't have too many sliders haha), custom stickers, new xenon headlights and LED strips under the lights (looks cool, I might do that, any comments?), new red brake and clutch levers, clip on handlebars, Akrapovic exhaust and probably a bunch more stuff that I didn't notice. It's likely the most accessorised CBR500R on the planet. I have photos of some of this stuff if anyone's interested. Anyway I've set myself a challenge to get more sliders on my bike than this dude has. And I'm gonna investigate the K-Speed exhaust. I was at a set of lights today and couldn't even hear my bike when a 10+ year old 4 cylinder superbike rolled up next to me.
I just stopped by that place today, everyone was really cool. Especially the owner, she was offering me discounts on everything and I thought the prices were very fair to begin with. Yeah dontcha love SongKran, the whole country shuts down. She said her orders from the machine shop should be in after the holiday so 2 more weeks I guess. The front axle sliders design isnt 100% yet so wait a few weeks on that. I like the frame sliders, was going to pick up a set today but they only had a gawd awefull gold/yellow. Ill happily wait 2 weeks for black anodized. Thought the red was nice but a bit to flashy for my taste. Considered the clip ons... but I am happy with my handlbars as is so dont see a need to change. I was quite surprised with their rear set, I rode her bike around and thought it was more comfortable than stock. I definitely like pegs being back further, and for the price I think Ill pick up a set. Also seriously thinking of the adjustable control levers. I dont know why but the slack in the levers annoys me even though it is nothing functional...

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
eBay is actually a good place to look for brand new models. They seem to get up on ebay fast and its a website everything knows about.

I've bought some expensive items from ebay in the past with no problems ( as long as the seller is reliable )

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just stopped by that place today, everyone was really cool. Especially the owner, she was offering me discounts on everything and I thought the prices were very fair to begin with. Yeah dontcha love SongKran, the whole country shuts down. She said her orders from the machine shop should be in after the holiday so 2 more weeks I guess. The front axle sliders design isnt 100% yet so wait a few weeks on that. I like the frame sliders, was going to pick up a set today but they only had a gawd awefull gold/yellow. Ill happily wait 2 weeks for black anodized. Thought the red was nice but a bit to flashy for my taste. Considered the clip ons... but I am happy with my handlbars as is so dont see a need to change. I was quite surprised with their rear set, I rode her bike around and thought it was more comfortable than stock. I definitely like pegs being back further, and for the price I think Ill pick up a set. Also seriously thinking of the adjustable control levers. I dont know why but the slack in the levers annoys me even though it is nothing functional...
Yeah yellow/gold bike frame slides stand out way too much, although at times they can look nice. I've seen them on an all white bike and it contrasts well with white, especially if you have matching stickers vinyl.

Black is definitely the way to go for a clean look.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Just found this via a Honda Racing youtube vid on their sponsors, etc. Nothing listed specific for our bikes, but perhaps some will fit. The grips are what caught my eye. Figured I'd stick the link in here for posterity.

BARRACUDA ACCESSORI MOTO

·
Registered
24 Posts

Did they have US$ price n deliver to Canada? They use PayPal as well?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts