Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old guy (65) and VFR rider for the past 5 years and looking to downsize but not sacrifice the fun of riding. Hearing good things about the new 500's and have booked a test ride of the R and F. Looking forward to reading insights and experiences of 500 riders.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an '06 peal white purchased new in'08 with 56k Kim's on the odometer. I'm in "cottage country" a couple of hours north east of Toronto, Canada.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Old guy (65) and VFR rider for the past 5 years and looking to downsize but not sacrifice the fun of riding. Hearing good things about the new 500's and have booked a test ride of the R and F. Looking forward to reading insights and experiences of 500 riders.

Thats the same move I made, but still miss the VFR.

Plasma1

·
Registered
96 Posts
Never owned or driven a VFR but I suspect the issues is reduced weight and top speed much slower. I prefer lighter bikes myself as the handling is easier in most speeds. Top speed is fast enough, I only need to get up to 75-80mph with my 500F the few times I need to overtake a truck on a bigger California highway.

I did a 9am to 5pm trip yesterday, over Mount Hamilton and across the fields to Merced and back to San Jose. The only thing that was fatigued was me, not the bike. 71 miles/gallon is also nice. I only had to stop for gas for stretching my legs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts