Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumours have it cbr500r will get twin front disc and maybe upside down forks for 2022 , have not seen any pictures yet

·
Registered
635 Posts
New colour schemes for Europe are a black R to join the red, a green X to join the red and black models, and three new F schemes to join the traditional red: grey, a different grey, and yellow.

Official releases from Honda:

Some reporting:

MCN said:
Interestingly alongside these new bikes, Honda have released some fascinating stats about the 500 range. It’s easy to look the other way these days, with most ‘big bikes’ pushing in excess of 120bhp but over 75% of people who buy CB500Xs are experienced riders.

Meanwhile nearly half of the CB500F sales are to people new to biking, while 60% of riders picking up CBR500Rs are under 34. Maybe hundreds of horsepowers, fifteen IMUs and staggering pricetags aren’t what people want after all.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(y)(y) Fantastic . 500r looks brill . Better start saving

·
Registered
2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
1,226 Posts
Looks the biz with the new forks and brakes. Definitely adds some much-needed visual gravitas -- and capability -- to the front of the bike.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Don't like that it gained some weight, though. The bike is already too heavy for the horsepower, and I think dual rotors are a sales gimmick and not really necessary.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree the second front rotor is for looks on our bikes. It's needed for better cooling on high HP bikes braking repeatedly from high speed.

I also wonder how the separate function fork (SFF) is an improvement. One fork contains only a spring and the other fork has no spring and does all the damping. Forces on each fork leg are not balanced at all.

If it turns out that the compression and rebound damping are adjustable on the new bikes, I will be impressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts