Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this under the exhaust thread but thought I'd post a new thread re: the possibility of an undertail exhaust.

This winter I'm contemplating a new exhaust and PC. What I'm wondering, is it doable to install an Akra undertail exhaust on the 500r? Any gear-heads have an answer? I'd think it wld look completely sexy along with the increased hp from the PC.

Hope someone can help out and thx galore.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking 600rr.

·
Registered
279 Posts
That would look sweet, clean up the side of the bike. Wonder if it would give the passenger a hot seat though?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hex Akrapovic exhaust can come with a heat shield if ordered. I have zero intentions of carrying a pillion either. I think it wld look sweet but unsure if the 500r can be fitted with this mod thus the question.

Reactions: Chriso

·
Registered
178 Posts
The whole under tail would have to be modded and a custom bracket for the exhaust/tag/ signals would need to be made unless you went with some aftermarket signals and relocated em.I would contact hotbodie and see if they have plans for our bikes. If so then use their kit with a custom akra setup and your golden.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Also cbr500r is a compact and it looks cramped to fit an undertail pipe. But who knows maybe someone can do it and i am sure it looks good!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys... first post here. I've just been creeping the threat so far but I've been thinking about an undertail exhaust for the 500 since I ordered the bike. I hate the look of side mounted exhausts and think it would clean up the look of the bike a lot to make it happen.

I definitely want to change out the stock exhaust but don't want to waste money on a side mount when I ultimately want an undertail. I've been thinking with a bit of custom work it could be very doable. I thought about checking with some locale Toronto custom muffler shops to see if they could do the job but if not, I'll do it myself. I'm interested to see what solutions people come up with and who will be the first to do it! Maybe the assembly from the last generation 600rr would lend some ideas?

·
Registered
64 Posts
That would look sweet, clean up the side of the bike. Wonder if it would give the passenger a hot seat though?
You would have to line the exhaust can with heat proof material.

It would be alot of work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think this would be possible if we used one of these to exhausts off a grom. Just need to find the right person with exhaust knowledge to make it fit. This brandhttp://www.hondaprokevin.com/honda-grom-msx-125-dual-exhaust-video-sound-clip-aftermarket-performance-parts would be awesome to fitted. I would have no issues also using my bike to do it on if anyone In Portland Oregon area is on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I thought about this when I first got my R as well, but came to the conclusion that I don't have the kind of talent needed to pull it off. It would look great if done well though. However, my next winter project will be an underbody exhaust using my mgp growler.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also another great idea. I've also been looking at using a different brand of bikes exhaust because we have to face it there are a ton of better exhausts for other bikes then the choices we have for the 500r. Anyone know the stock diameter of pipe on the 500r after the cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts