Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, coming up to the next set of tyres and there's so many options since I last bought.

What seems to be solid sport touring tyres these days? (Current set are Pilot Road 4's, pretty decent but weird wearing and slightly heavy to turn)

Preferably keeping the cost at the road 4's or below :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shinko Raven front and back. Had them on a B-king (180 horsepower) and loved them. Just installed a set on my son's CB500f with balancing beads. I really like the ride and have been riding the little Honda more than my Goldwing because it is just so much fun!

Good price, wear well, solid grip performance. You cannot go wrong with these as far as I am concerned. I got them on Amazon and my son and I installed them with Motion Pro tire irons. Easy job.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Dunlop's Q3 is THE go-to hypersport tire in my neck of the woods, so their Roadsmart III is a touring tire probably worth looking into.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have always been a Pirelli fan (cars and bikes), conversely I have never trusted Dunlops from back in the day when you used to get the 'Dunlop Bulge' on car tyres. Always fancied trying Goodyear Tyres purely because Charles Goodyear pioneered the modern process of Vulcanization - we owe him a lot. But sadly I have never had the opportunity to buy a set.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
You can read here to your heart's content. Some of the discussions will emphasize off-road riding.

https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/board,17.0.html

I am currently running Dunlop Road Smart 3 tires and happy with them. I'm using 2 psi less pressure than I used in the Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires, for equivalent handling.

Reactions: AssasinGuRu

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Bridgestone 023. Great tire. Phenomenal value. This will be my go-to set for the life of the bike.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just ordered a set of 023s to replace the stock tires. I based my final call on the advice of Sonic, whom I seem to respect for some unknown reason. I am even more convinced now knowing you like them too. Glad to get rid of the original pair which were OK, but.....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts