Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am Paul from Tyga Performance and we will be making a range of products for the CBR500. If there are any specific things you are interested in, please let me know. Here is a dyno run of our exhaust in development for starters:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Paul,

It's great to hear Tyga are going to be making parts for the CBR500R.

I have Tyga rearsets for my CBR250R and they're great. That's what I'd be most interested in for the 500 as well. It's hard to tell from pictures, as there's not many out there with the bars at full lock, but it seems like there is a good bit of clearance for lower clip-ons.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Rear sets definitely in the plan. Yes and actually clip-ons were something we were working on today. We already have some the right dimensions for position and fork legs and improve the riding position a lot. Surprisingly the instruments give clearance issues at full lock (not the tank which is what we thought would be the main issue) so we will include a steering stopper with the clip-ons to limit the lock and maintain clearance throughout the arc. (race use only). The brake line will need rotating on the master cylinder but that is not a big issue I think. More testing to be done tomorrow!

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Sweet!!! Welcome to forums!

Way to make an entrance with an exhaust! ;) I would like to see the numbers as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the interest and comments. There is a link to the dynograph in the description on the youtube vdo but here it is:
TYGA DYNO TESTING CBR500 | Facebook

Power is still not really there. The engine and ecu need investigating...

We are doing sprockets, handlebars a rear hugger and bunch of other parts at the moment too.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Dont forget to keep us updated on new stuff for the CBR500 ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
will be interesting to see what a power commander will do to increase performance

Please keep us posted !

Reactions: CBR_Dave

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I would love to see TYGA make it's own competitor to the Juicebox Pro and Power Commander.
And some black rear sets.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome,
How are the clip ons coming along?? Factory ones are a bit too high IMO.

Reactions: tk92

·
Registered
111 Posts
Also can u guys please make a fender eliminator kit, I can't stand looking at the factory one on my bike,
Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Rear sets definitely in the plan. Yes and actually clip-ons were something we were working on today. We already have some the right dimensions for position and fork legs and improve the riding position a lot. Surprisingly the instruments give clearance issues at full lock (not the tank which is what we thought would be the main issue) so we will include a steering stopper with the clip-ons to limit the lock and maintain clearance throughout the arc. (race use only). The brake line will need rotating on the master cylinder but that is not a big issue I think. More testing to be done tomorrow!
Hey Paul, any news on the clip-ons?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clip-ons are done. The only thing we are waiting for is a steering stopper to be completed. We need to include that or you bash your thumbs on full lock. Coming soon... Also we have a couple of small things on the site like a carbon instrument surround and front fender. We also have a simple exhaust stay.

Many more parts in development. Coming soon rear stand bobbins to make changing the wheel a breeze. Also sprockets and raising and lowering kits. A long list LOL.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Rear bobbins will be good - I hope they're cheaper than the RG-Racing ones (I'm a tight arse).

Oh, and Peter from Siam Superbike says 'Hi' (if you remember the old goat).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dang I just ordered the R&G bobbins last week :(

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
When will a slip on be available? And will it have a maggot can option? Are any road legal?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts