Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two Brothers usually sound significantly louder in person. I emailed them for a Decibel Rating. I kinda hope its on the quieter side tbh.....but not too quiet

·
Registered
565 Posts
It does sound a lot meatier then the Akrapovic for sure..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Two Brothers usually sound significantly louder in person. I emailed them for a Decibel Rating. I kinda hope its on the quieter side tbh.....but not too quiet
That they do, I was surprised at how much louder their slip-on for my old CBR250R was than it appeared to be in videos. I never even bothered to take out the "silencer" that's included, because it was plenty loud enough for me! From what I've seen, Youtube vids shot by cellphone cams and point-n-shoot digital cameras never really manage to convey the real sound and volume of an exhaust.

That being said, I ordered this exact slip-on a few days ago, so I should hopefully have it next week and will be able to give some real-world impressions.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
not bad for a slip on. too quiet for me tho. i'll wait until full systems with tuning maps are available.
Its Two Brothers, it wont be quiet. With no reference how can you tell? the recording are only good for tone.

Tuning maps for what? The ECU is locked down.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Its Two Brothers, it wont be quiet. With no reference how can you tell? the recording are only good for tone.

Tuning maps for what? The ECU is locked down.
For reference search other YouTube cbr500r exhaust videos. Pretty easy to tell that other exhausts are louder. Ofcourse these videos don't capture anything like hearing it in person but it gives a pretty good idea of what you can expect. And tuning maps would obviously be for aftermarket ems or piggy back controllers. A full exhaust system without custom tune maps is not very useful. Your bike might actually run worse and cause engine damage.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
any reply on the decibel rating?

I'm going to wait for the full sytems as well. Might as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
89 at 2000 RPMS
Nice .. LeoVince rated the stock system at 82.5db at 4000rpm, and their full GP Corsa system at 88.5 @ 4000. Needless to say if those numbers are right, it'll be plenty loud enough. Granted, neither say how far away their measurement was taken from..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Most decibel ratings are taken within 'standing distance' of whatever is being measured, but I guess we dont have any proof that they did it 'by the book'.

I wonder what this cuts down to through a helmet and everything, since anything over 85 is loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage if youre exposed to it for too long

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys just saw this video today, gives a more accurate readout of DB readings (or at least as good as an iPhone app can show)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Most decibel ratings are taken within 'standing distance' of whatever is being measured, but I guess we dont have any proof that they did it 'by the book'.

I wonder what this cuts down to through a helmet and everything, since anything over 85 is loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage if youre exposed to it for too long
i think it does significantly cut down through helmet, but still gets obnoxious on long rides, the p1x power tip fixes that right up and cuts the noise down!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts