Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Help!! I haven't used this forum before but I have tried and failed to get information on any device that will either turn off my turn signals automatically or give me a warning (buzzer). I tried the STS system but it didn't work (authorized mechanic attempted the install). I have a 2017 Honda CBR500R abs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have one of these on my 2016. Works well and only starts beeping if you forget to cancel.
Old dog, new tricks. This is brilliant.. I had no idea these were available. Mark my words, one of these days they'll come up with a quicker way to deliver a letter than standard postage. :serious: Glen, How difficult was the install?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I recall having a 1970s 0r '80s Yamaha that had self-canceling directionals. They'd remain on about 20 seconds, then switch off, but could be turned on again by the rider, if needed. Anyone else remember these? I'm surprised they're not fitted to newer bikes.

Ralph

·
Registered
371 Posts
Install was easy. I bought some plugs and sockets so I could simply interrupt the feeds to the rear indicators where they plug into the harness. If you are prepared to cut the loom (I wasn’t) then you could fit them even quicker. I took power from the rear accessory outlet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts