Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently changed my front turn signals because one had burnt out and one is significantly brighter than the other, I then went and got a new bulb and replaced it again and it is still much dimmer. However it brightens up when the turn signal is in use.. Also I noticed that my left signal (which is brighter) blinks much faster than the right one when in use, anyone know what that might be about?? Thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you replaced both bulbs together, the bulbs should be the same wattage and type. You may have a poor ground or connection at the turn signal socket that's dim. See if there's any discoloration there by seeing how it should look on the good side, and clean it up if needed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dont forget the front indicator bulb is a twin filament bulb, it has a 5W filament that is illuminated all the time, and then when the indicator is selected it flashes the 21 watt filament (The bulb is like a rear brake light bulb). If one of you front indicators is dim and the other is bright, I suspect you have put the bulb in incorrectly on the bright side!! The bulbs are only supposed to go in one way, but you can force them in incorrectly, it will also cause the indicaotr to flash quickly as the indicator only sees the 5watt filament, not the 21 watt filament, so much less current (that causes the flasher to flash quickly to make you aware the bulb has failed).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont forget the front indicator bulb is a twin filament bulb, it has a 5W filament that is illuminated all the time, and then when the indicator is selected it flashes the 21 watt filament (The bulb is like a rear brake light bulb). If one of you front indicators is dim and the other is bright, I suspect you have put the bulb in incorrectly on the bright side!! The bulbs are only supposed to go in one way, but you can force them in incorrectly, it will also cause the indicaotr to flash quickly as the indicator only sees the 5watt filament, not the 21 watt filament, so much less current (that causes the flasher to flash quickly to make you aware the bulb has failed).
Bro! thanks so much! that was the problem. I forced the bulb in incorrectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts