·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

tracking footage of the 2013 Honda CBR500r

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sweet! Found out today shipments are on time in Alberta. First shipment in 1 1/2 weeks. Bikes are already in a warehouse in western hemisphere. Awesome!!! Also, sold my 2011 250 for $4700.00 Who said mods don't pay back????!!!! Wahoo

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, what kind of mods did you have on your cbr 250?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice, what kind of mods did you have on your cbr 250?
Yosh carbon fiber full exhaust; Bazzaz ZFI; rear cowl; Yosh frame sliders; PC black--wheels, rear sets, levers; white carbon fibre wrap with custom decals;
Smoked Puig windscreen;

A guy has bought it and loves it. Bikes in pristine condition, never been dropped. I feel complimented that the new owner loves the mods I worked on. It's a one-of-a-kind so I will easily see it at the common bike hang outs this summer. I posted a pic on one of these threads. I'm thrilled to get such a good price for it. Hope he treats "him" well ha ha

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Great video - cheers!

Is it just me, or does this guy hang off a bit too much? I understand hanging off enables less lean angle, but it seemed unnecessary.

Dave

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yosh carbon fiber full exhaust; Bazzaz ZFI; rear cowl; Yosh frame sliders; PC black--wheels, rear sets, levers; white carbon fibre wrap with custom decals;
Smoked Puig windscreen;

How did you like the rearset on your CBR250? I find myself on the balls of my feet most of the time and usually when people upgrading rear set from my understanding do it for more surface area to step on.

White carbon fiber wrap?! Ohh Cna you please post a picture of it :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great video - cheers!

Is it just me, or does this guy hang off a bit too much? I understand hanging off enables less lean angle, but it seemed unnecessary.

Dave
It's not just you. I felt it was awkward too. Besides, it seems to me that the speed wasn't really as fast as it should to support a lower lean angle, so that they could take those kind of video shots with whatever camera they were using.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love love the rear sets on the 250. Here's a pic you asked for.
The white carbon fiber wrap looks amazing on your honda CBR250. If you added a black/grey carbon fiber tank grip that would add a nice touch of contrast too. Just my opinion but the bike looks great. What do you plan on doing to your CBR500 when you get it?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
@NSR. No plans for the the first riding season. I'm going to break that thing in and get to know "him". I have ordered the rear cowl however.

·
Registered
175 Posts
after seeing the video i can just see how easily maneuverable the CBR500R is but obviously with the more advanced and experienced rider. This has me thinking how many of you will be tracking or going to lap days with the cbr500?

·
Registered
924 Posts
It'll be my first bike and I'll be taking it to the track after a few months.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How did you find the brake on the track? From some of the reviews it was mentioned that the CBR500r brakes were a little weak for the tracks, can you give us some insight on that?

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
brakes were fine nsr devil.
but this was a slow track with less straights and more turns so all about technique not speed.
I am not sure how they endure to a fast track, anyway, i will check it out soon on Thailand Circuit which has good straights.
i will post some photos once i get them from my gf s phone.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
On trackability of the cbr500r, McGuinness will be riding an R&G then modded our new cbr500r in the lightweight devision with the 650's in this years IOM-TT. Now THAT'S excited. Will be cool to follow the bikes changes and to see the final dyno printout.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts