Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the fastest speed you have taken your 500 to....
I am just trying to see what kind of riders we have on the forums. ..

my top speed 81mph

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
what is the fastest speed you have taken your 500 to....
I am just trying to see what kind of riders we have on the forums. ..

my top speed 81mph
There are already a couple of threads running on this theme where you can read what others have achieved.

But since you're asking in the CBR500R forum I have 187kph/116mph as top speed while tucking. It won't go any faster as it redlines in 6th gear. 175kph/109mph is the fastest it will go sitting upright.

Here is the generic top speed thread:
http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/218-top-speed-mpg.html

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
I have seen 189 kmh and see 180 kmh many times.
hard to find a good stretch of road in Thailand as bikes are not allowed to tollways here, full discrimination!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hit 98mph / 157kmh yesterday. I believe it can go easily 110mph. I'll try and let you know guys later

·
Premium Member
585 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
After reading this i decided to test my bike out... I got it up to 107 and the bike was still creeping along, but i will admit i was scared but i will never do it again.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
I hope these speed threads doesn't invite anyone to do something stupid. If you're a noob rider be aware that if something goes wrong at these speeds it will probably be the last (stupid) thing that you'll ever do. Also, be sure you can still get to work if you lose your license.:(

For my part I do these speeds because I have the stretch of road that I can do it on, because there is no traffic there, because in Thailand speeding is not an issue and because in any instance I can't lose my license back home for speeding in Thailand.:)

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I hope these speed threads doesn't invite anyone to do something stupid. If you're a noob rider be aware that if something goes wrong at these speeds it will probably be the last (stupid) thing that you'll ever do. Also, be sure you can still get to work if you lose your license.:(

For my part I do these speeds because I have the stretch of road that I can do it on, because there is no traffic there, because in Thailand speeding is not an issue and because in any instance I can't lose my license back home for speeding in Thailand.:)
I agree. Other automotive forms I'm on always close/delete threads like this because it becomes a competition of "who can do something stupid and get hurt" first.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dont want anyone to get hurt....This thread was based on speed limits posted in various parts of the contry or world. ...for example the highest speed limit in my area is 70...most people do about 80mph and on that same stretch I managed to get to 81mph while going with the flow of traffic.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
dont want anyone to get hurt....This thread was based on speed limits posted in various parts of the contry or world. ...for example the highest speed limit in my area is 70...most people do about 80mph and on that same stretch I managed to get to 81mph while going with the flow of traffic.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the thread. :) Ultimately it's up to each what one want to do. I just put it out there to make sure no one misreads the posts, and thinks it is a competition. If you wanna go 200mph, who (besides the police) is going to stop you? It's just ok for noob to get the information, that it's not common practice to be reckless while riding around, like some outsiders like to think. It can make such an impression in speed threads, wheelie threads and other types of discussions where this kind of riding is discussed. I definitely don't want the issues not to be discussed. I just want everyone reading to understand what they are reading and get all the angles. For example, breaking the speed limits, not necessarily something for you just because I did, thus I like to explain some of the consequences.:cool:

Edit: German autobahn: Speed limit = what the conditions and equipment allow.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got it to 104 today, it does start to creep around 95 mph so you gotta have some patience.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts