Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the 500 gets pretty hot, a few rides I thought I was going to have "fried eggs" by the time I reached my destination. Often I kill the motor and hear the electric fans running, but they shut off when I turn the key. Im thinking about adding a timer delay relay to keep the fans on for like 5-15 minutes after I turn off the key so it will operate like a modern car. I dont think the fan would pull that much of a charge taxing the battery... Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
582 Posts
To be honest, I'm not sure it's really necessary. The water isn't circulating once the engine is off so it'll make no difference to the heat of the engine. It may very well shorten the life of your battery, which is already going to be shorter than 'normal' being in Thailand (batteries don't last here like they do in more temperate climes for some reason).

·
Registered
12 Posts
In some case my cousin that rides a CBR600RR since he does a lot of riding in traffic it gets really hot and temps hit 110 degrees due to lack of air hitting the radiator and not moving. So he had a custom on/off switch for the fans to run when when he was in traffic at lower speeds. Maybe you could look in to something like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts