Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
CBR500R
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Neo Fit Clic system from TigraSport.com for my iPhone 11 Pro Max en put it on my Honda CBR 500 R. After one ride, the camera would not focus anymore due to probably vibrations.
My motordealer, who also sells the Tigra system told me that iPhones are not good to use with the Tigra system.
As I would have known this before, I should not have bought the Neo Fit Clic sytem. Now. I have to pay Apple at least € 150,00 for the repair of the phone.
The Neo Fit Clic system works perfect, but Not for iPhones !:(:(

·
Registered
585 Posts
It can happen with some high end Android phones too as it is due to having optical image stabilization. Instead of the image sensor being fixed inside the phone, they move around to counteract shake when taking photos. But this makes them easily damaged by certain levels of vibration. Even riding a mountain bike with such a phone attached to the bars can damage the camera too.

You can now buy handlebar mounts with vibration dampening specifically to avoid this problem, although I can understand if you would not want to risk it again. Sorry it happened to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts