Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bike fell over due to some heavy winds. There was minimal damage, but it hit the right hand grip. The bar end is bent at a pronounced angle. I think it's an easy fix, assuming none of the internals of the throttle were compromised. I got on the bike to check to see if everything else worked, it's still ride-able to an extent. The stuck throttle makes it dangerous to ride. Also, the steering lock might be a little out of shape. Any suggestions? I might just let the dealer handle it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If the bar end is bent, then it is probably causing the throttle to stick.
There are no internals to the throttle.

there are threads on this forum about removing the bar ends. Give that a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2018 cbr500r. I was dumb and tried to do a wheelie and I ended up dropping the bike on the right had side where the throttle is. I took off the bar end and the screw is bent, but then I went further into taking the whole piece apart and I cleaning it out. when I went to put it back on thinking it is fixed it is still sticking. could the bar be bent? of so how do I fix it or how much would it be to get it replaced. Im hoping I don't have to replace it but if I need to I will. thanks for helping me out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts