Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped off at my local dealer on the way back from work tonight, they've got 3 'X's in, one of each colour.

First thing I noticed was that the 'X' will peel of if required - bargain.

Really impressed straight away by the riding position and feel of the bike so decided to take the 'R' demonstrator they have for another spin. Second time round I was much happier with it, had a longer ride on a variety of roads and it really is a good bike. I like a bike to be fairly fast but I'm no speed freak and after a while I was thinking 'why would you want anything faster than this?'. Brakes, handling and feel on the road all great. My only small gripes are a slight vibe at certain revs, no gear indicator and the none hinged fuel cap is very budget. I wouldn't mind if it actually fitted properly but on all the bikes it was slightly off centre.

Anyway, those small things weren't enough to put me off so I bought one!! Not sure which colour yet but will make my decision tonight and ring in the morning.

Hopefully should be picking it up next Saturday.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Stopped off at my local dealer on the way back from work tonight, they've got 3 'X's in, one of each colour.

First thing I noticed was that the 'X' will peel of if required - bargain.

Really impressed straight away by the riding position and feel of the bike so decided to take the 'R' demonstrator they have for another spin. Second time round I was much happier with it, had a longer ride on a variety of roads and it really is a good bike. I like a bike to be fairly fast but I'm no speed freak and after a while I was thinking 'why would you want anything faster than this?'. Brakes, handling and feel on the road all great. My only small gripes are a slight vibe at certain revs, no gear indicator and the none hinged fuel cap is very budget. I wouldn't mind if it actually fitted properly but on all the bikes it was slightly off centre.

Anyway, those small things weren't enough to put me off so I bought one!! Not sure which colour yet but will make my decision tonight and ring in the morning.

Hopefully should be picking it up next Saturday.
Who did you buy it from?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr Mantis, if you like I'll peel it off very carefully and send it over!!

It's from Grantham Honda in Lincolnshire.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll all be bored to death by my ride reports before long!!

Reactions: Natrix

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also asked about accessories to see what was available, it seems the system shows some of them but not all are available yet. I think what is available might take a while to get as well. I saw a price for the centre stand of about £80 which seemed very cheap - I'm hoping thats right! Some of the other stuff seemed a bit pricy though. Heated grips £300?!

·
Registered
212 Posts
It is great to hear that these are hitting showrooms earlier than their release date. Even if we dont have a date where I q.v.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Decided on the white and it should be ready a week today! Just insured it and it came in 25% cheaper than my Transalp at £74 - bargain!

Not gone for any accessories as there seems to be so little available at the moment that I think it will be worth waiting to see what aftermarket stuff comes out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Decided on the white and it should be ready a week today! Just insured it and it came in 25% cheaper than my Transalp at £74 - bargain!

Not gone for any accessories as there seems to be so little available at the moment that I think it will be worth waiting to see what aftermarket stuff comes out.
I also just got a quote from Bennets at £76 fully comp, now that's cheaper than my Honda SH300i.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes but will I have the balls to do it to a brand new bike?!

I can picture it now - peeling it off then standing back and comparing it to the other side. What if it looks worse?!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes but will I have the balls to do it to a brand new bike?!

I can picture it now - peeling it off then standing back and comparing it to the other side. What if it looks worse?!!!
You could leave it like that and have it both ways. Just approach the bike from the side you wish to see.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'll just ride mine a while before I remove them. Center stand, hugger and sliders have a higher priority. + Riding and more riding! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hope someone posts an picture of how the bike looks with the decal peeled off.

Would you need to use a heat gun to peel it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I kinda thought the decal on the white bike maybe looked better than the others. But after seeing that pic what the **** was i thinking? Having no sticker cleans that white bike up real well. Soooooo much better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts