Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came by B-Rides photo of when he got his single seat cowl and i noticed the black handles or ant antenas were removed. For a cleaner look on the CBR500R this would be a great easy model. How many of you would remove them?

Here it is with them removed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The CBR500R looks so much cleaner without those handles. Its very easy to remove too just four bolts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice! I will be doing this soon. Are they really just handles? I always thought they were just cosmetic really on the CBR500R and didn't serve a real purpose. Another thin I would look in to doing is getting a fender eliminator and a integrated brake and signal light.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah forsure those things are a must for the clean look. But i don't recall seeing any kits for the eliminator though. Might becoming soon I heard some guys even hack sawing it and making there own brakes for the plate and lights.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wish Honda would just sell the blank plates to cover the holes left behind from those separately. I don't mind the look of the seat back there, but the handles are just .. ugh. I do plan on investing in the cowl.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How did he cover up the holes in the plastic once the handles were removed?
the peices come with the seat cowl kit... with the seat on the bike w/o handle bars look clean as well so if i ever do 2 up ill jus throw the seat on

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Nice! I will be doing this soon. Are they really just handles? I always thought they were just cosmetic really on the CBR500R and didn't serve a real purpose. Another thin I would look in to doing is getting a fender eliminator and a integrated brake and signal light.
They are for the pillion passenger...rear "grab" rails are very common...

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sweet, I posted a topic about this earlier today, but didn't see the pic. It looks WAY better with those handles off and the cowl on.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I want to buy the cowl AND leave the handles/antennas on. Is that possible?
You should be able to without any issues. The cowl covers the same area that the seat does, so it shouldn't be an issue at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts