Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done the deed, booked for Saturday 11th morning lets pray for no rain on that day! lol.:eek::eek:
I am in UK, I guess dealers will not be knocking any money off for cash etc? as its a new bike and may well be in short supply if sales pick up. What have other UK buyers paid?
I could do with a new helmet etc to so maybe get that thrown in or reduced etc.
Oooh cant wait now, as loved the older cb500 I had a while back.:D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nice one, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

As you say with good reason, doubt they will knock off any money but definitely worth getting some gear thrown in or at a good discount. Even some accessories for the bike if you see some you like.

Failing that - if you where going to get it on credit, try play with the terms.

Best of luck though (shame you;re not testing it this weekend as weather meant to be lovely!).

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

As you say with good reason, doubt they will knock off any money but definitely worth getting some gear thrown in or at a good discount. Even some accessories for the bike if you see some you like.

Failing that - if you where going to get it on credit, try play with the terms.

Best of luck though (shame you;re not testing it this weekend as weather meant to be lovely!).
Thought most likely be the case and know they will sell tons of them.
My AGV ti-tech is about near 7 years old so needs replacing i guess but its not really been heavily used for last 4 years at all. Will want asap things like a hugger, crash bungs and rad gaurd, but thats sort of stuff from R&G etc.
Will be paying cash so will try that angle, or it be a debit/credit card transfer or will even bank transfer it to.

I know they only had afternoon free this weekend and I am out. Its fowlers in Bristol only got one demo and one in show room to view but guess thats typical. Sure be nice to see for real.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Excellent Lee! Hope it goes well.

Otherwise, wot DkD said. I paid book £4950 for mine, as I didn't see the point haggling for a bike they will probably have two more buyers for within minutes. I got it on finance, but got a VERY good trade-in price for the Strom. I also specced it up a bit - heated grips and a Scottoiler. A bit miffed they're charging me labour to fit them, but hey - what do you expect from a car dealer...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Take a videoooooo. lol :p

Enjoy the test ride! I cant wait til my bike gets in so I can test ride it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lee, in the Uk Honda have a great finance offer of 3.9% APR over 3 years on the cbr500 range. That would save a few quid than getting a personal loan from the bank. I paid full price but got 15% off some new riding gear so that might be your best bet for haggling. Enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Va va voorrrooom, test ride complete, very nice its a lot of bike for money demo was silver cbr500r, nice position at about 5'9" easy get feet down dont feel to heavy, had about an hour on it typical british rain lol! Looks nicely finished and like proper sports bike to.
Overall im sold just to get chek out a few things first finances/insurance etc.
Dealer said selling well can get easy at mo within a week or 2!

Luv the display to!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Brilliant news and reckon you're onto a winner there for sure (over the KTM)!!..

Good luck with the admin stuff..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts