Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a red CBR. I removed all the **** stickers from the tank and I think it looks much cleaner. I dont mind the CBR500 sticker but the white Honda wing badge on the side of the tank bugs me. It just doesnt match the bike. I wouldnt mind removing it, but to be honest taking a razor blade to my tank scares me. I wonder if I can get a black wing decal to put over the white. Ive seen black wings on 600s.. anyone know?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, duh! Just thought the white cbr has a black badge. Unless someone can confirm removing the badge is easy with little to no chance at scaring the bike... I think Ill have to actually *gasp* put a sticker on my bike.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you could remove the wing sticker and not damage it why not just buy a piece of black vinyl and use the oem stick to trace it out. Just a cheaop and easy way of doing it unless you just want to find one on ebay but those are more for the cbr600s

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Supposedly it's fairly easy to remove... Just worried I would cut too deep with an xacto blade and score the paint. Then have to polish out the fees of the clear coat...

I tried to buy black decals yesterday from the dealer but he says its not available unless I buy the entire tank because it is installed before the clear...

Orwell my tank bag covers it anyhow

·
Registered
7 Posts
Should be removable just like the other tank stickers - a can of WD40 and a heat gun or semi decent hair dryer and peal right off. I would put a good coat of polish after. I did this on the small top stickers - took 5 minutes - plan on the tank wings this weekend as i agree they just dont look right - black would have been better

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a red CBR. I removed all the **** stickers from the tank and I think it looks much cleaner. I dont mind the CBR500 sticker but the white Honda wing badge on the side of the tank bugs me. It just doesnt match the bike. I wouldnt mind removing it, but to be honest taking a razor blade to my tank scares me. I wonder if I can get a black wing decal to put over the white. Ive seen black wings on 600s.. anyone know?
got any pics?

any sticker shop will make you a new set of stickers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
tried to remove mine... sticker is under the clear coat.... screws up your paint so a decal cover up would be your best option

·
Registered
72 Posts
86201-MGZ-K20ZA Thats the right wing
86202-MGZ-K20ZA Thats the left wing.
Both off a 2014 Tricolor. Also, those are Canadian part numbers as I work n a Honda dealership. According to my lookup, both are back ordered until the end of this month/middle of next month.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
tried to remove mine... sticker is under the clear coat.... screws up your paint so a decal cover up would be your best option
Yep, screwed up my first bike that way and won't make that mistake again. Interesting that 30 years ago they were making them the same way with the decals on the tank under the clear but the ones on the plastic on top. Or maybe there's no clear on the plastic?

Reactions: sandog001
1 - 10 of 10 Posts