Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I really don't like conventional tank pads - I like a clean look. Tankslapper is a clear material tank protection system, easy to install and almost invisible, and I love it on my 250R. They now do a system for the 500. I just thought you might be interested, looks like they also have a kit for the headlights too.

I have the cheaper electrostatic (non-3M) ones on my 250R, and they have been on there for about 6 months with no issues. I'll be buying a kit for the 500R before I even pick it up, once I get a green light from my chief financial controller ;-)

CBR500R/CB500F, The Tankslapper

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/index.html

I dont have any affiliation with them :)

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought mine then. I sent them an email enquiring about a kit which they didn't have at the time. Got an email from them this morning letting me know they had them ready to go.

Now all I need to do is polish out the scratches before I put them on.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I highly recommend polishing and waxing before installing them - a cleaner surface and mine are still perfect 6 months later. A mate just wiped his tank down with a chamois and had to re-apply them a few months later...

Watch the videos as well. Its pretty daunting at first, but start with the tank sides (easier) and you'll get the hang of it. Dont freak out - you have more time than you think ;-)

Let us know how they go!

Dave

Reactions: Natrix

·
Registered
3 Posts
I highly recommend polishing and waxing before installing them - a cleaner surface and mine are still perfect 6 months later. A mate just wiped his tank down with a chamois and had to re-apply them a few months later...

Watch the videos as well. Its pretty daunting at first, but start with the tank sides (easier) and you'll get the hang of it. Dont freak out - you have more time than you think ;-)

Let us know how they go!

Dave
Will do CBR_Dave. Hopefully they are waiting for me when I get home in 8 days. Hate the FIFO lifestyle when I have my new toy sitting at home with only 300km on it. I'll do a write up on the fit and install when I have them on.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do CBR_Dave. Hopefully they are waiting for me when I get home in 8 days. Hate the FIFO lifestyle when I have my new toy sitting at home with only 300km on it. I'll do a write up on the fit and install when I have them on.
Cool! Yeah, I start "Jonesing" for a ride every few days :)

Dave

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi all,

I really don't like conventional tank pads - I like a clean look. Tankslapper is a clear material tank protection system, easy to install and almost invisible, and I love it on my 250R. They now do a system for the 500. I just thought you might be interested, looks like they also have a kit for the headlights too.

I have the cheaper electrostatic (non-3M) ones on my 250R, and they have been on there for about 6 months with no issues. I'll be buying a kit for the 500R before I even pick it up, once I get a green light from my chief financial controller ;-)

CBR500R/CB500F, The Tankslapper

TheTankSlapper.biz - The Product

I dont have any affiliation with them :)

Dave

Dave thanks for the lead on the tank protection and for suggesting washing and waxing the tank before applying the non-3M protection film. I purchased the two kits that protect the top and sides of the CBR500R tank that are non-3M. I'm going to use a German auto wax I have from Klasse (Klasse All-in-One) to wax the tank and body before applying the protective film to the tank. Tankslapper seems like they have their act together. They are shipping me some baby shampoo for free to add to water to use in a spray bottle and their soft squeegee was cheap as well. I wish they made 3M pieces for the front side fairings and the front fender. My next major purchase will be the protective gear from R&G Racing.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just sent the guys an email to see if they could cut and sell me three small pieces of 3M film to prevent the rear seat cowl from scratching the paint in the corners. I will post their response on this forum and the rear seat cowl thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts