Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love almost everything about the 2019 cb500f, with the exception of the headlight. Would installing a new headlight be as easy as removing the old one, clamping on of these headlight brackets (41mm), and attaching this headlight? How would I go about doing the wiring to ensure everything still works as usual? Thank you in advance and any help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am of no help, as I have no answer.

I see a problem with the dashboard display, which in stock form is attached to the OEM headlight. I don't know how easy it would be to decouple the dashboard from the OEM headlight.

I once removed my headlight assembly while trying to find the source of some annoying sound in my bike, here you have some pictures:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am of no help, as I have no answer.

I see a problem with the dashboard display, which in stock form is attached to the OEM headlight. I don't know how easy it would be to decouple the dashboard from the OEM headlight.

I once removed my headlight assembly while trying to find the source of some annoying sound in my bike, here you have some pictures:

How can you get rid of that beautiful gorgeous headlamp that came out of star wars. I love it

·
Registered
126 Posts
How different are the mounting brackets of the 16+ and the older style?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This guy did something similar to a 2016. There is some good information in his videos about wiring on the headlights.
I just saw your video on the speedo mount. Nice job! I actually already did my own conversion. I have a 2018 (same as the 2016) and the wiring is really weird. Not plug and play at all. I saw the HooptieDoodle video but the wiring solution isn't ideal done that way. It moves the high beams over to another circuit. Instead, I wired in a relay so that any 3 prong headlight will work with the 2016-2018 wiring. If anyone is interested here is how I did it for future reference:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts