Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well in these trying times. I have a few questions on the subframe
At my previous discussion, I stated that I had a lopsided subframe/swingarm, and after listening to you guys and tearing the bike down and taking it to the shop. it was decided that the subframe is indeed bent. fortunately, the mounting bolts are not damage nor is the subframe itself, but the rear bracket and the lower end of the subframe took a hit when the bike was laid down. I bought an inexpensive subframe from a reputable seller on eBay, and I plan to replace the subframe with the new one. I looked through the service manual and looked everywhere on this forum but I couldn't find instructions on how to remove the subframe. I know that there are 4 main bolts connecting the subframe to the mainframe. and I have to remove the R/R but that is all that I know. Is anyone willing to help a brother out?

·
Super Moderator
1,249 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard. The wiring will be the biggest PITA, but even then, there isn't much back there. Would just be a matter of removing the plastics and subframe should be pretty obvious to unbolt and remove.
Just really pics along the way so you can remember putting it back together

1 - 3 of 3 Posts