Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you handle the gear when you arrive the place that not home/work ?
Do you know on good tail bag that becomes back bag and can contain helmet/laptop 15-inch, gloves and etc ?
how are you handle the gear ?

thanks.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Do you mean to leave on the bike when parked?

When I got my first 125 I did not want a top box. But then I had to carry stuff with me when off the bike.

The advice I was given was too get the biggest box I could, because otherwise I wouldl regret not having enough space.

So I bought a 46L box which looked stupid on a tiny bike. But then I got to leave stuff behind when off the bike, and it was glorious. The helmet took half the box and I could leave all manner of junk, including gloves, in the rest.

I can understand not wanting to ruin the look of a bike by having a big box on the back, but the difference it makes when you are using a bike for transport rather than just leisure riding is huge. But Most brands are removable for when the box is not needed, though they leave a rack or mounting plate.

But if you just want something to take with you, rather than leave on the bike, then any bag will do if big enough for your needs. I much prefer Rok Straps to bungees, much easier and quicker to use. I would not feel confident leaving any soft luggage on the bike unattended though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got you,
I want to have tailbag when I am riding, when I get off the bike I want that tailbag to be becomes a backbag to take with me.
I will put in t he backbag the helmet .

·
Registered
652 Posts
Okay, I understand now. You can get backpacks for helmets, which would be my option as they will be much more comfortable to wear when walking around than a tailbag with shoulder straps. I have a tank bag with shoulder straps, which is okay for light use but not very comfortable compared to a proper backpack. And adding carrying a helmet would be worse.

And you can easily strap a backpack to the bike rather than wear it when riding if that is what you prefer. I have done that with backpacks for extra luggage. I like ones with rain covers thew best, as you can put it on backwards so it stops the straps from the bag hanging loose, then just a couple of Rok straps to tie it down.

I cannot even remember what brand my helmet backpack is, but I would not recommend that one as it has no space for anything else and is falling apart now, though it is old. But you can get bigger ones with room for a laptop etc. Just do a search and see what you like. Some have proper compartments for the helmet while other just use straps to hold one, so then can also be used normally without the big extra compartment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts