Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to all who post on this site, the lads, the ladies and well any in between or just plain confused ... i wanted to say thank you to you all for an excellent, informative, sometimes funny and dare I say controversial forum ...

As a returning rider (wife, kids, work can get in the way), the switch has been well and truly flicked again, and whilst the government powers have determined I must go through the restricted category again (the A2 classification for those outside of Oz)... something to do with not paying any licence fees for 15 years .... i can simply report that the cb500r has put a smile back on my face and reminded me of life's passions and to ride is to really know yourself and your limits (if we can admit it). ****, I may just be having a midlife crisis ... but what a Crisis! :eek::eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Ouch sorry you had to do test again, is it the same A2 classification as we have in UK I guess?
Good to hear your loving it, I have been tempted with a used sports bike like a blade or R1, whilst be awesome, I think the CBR500r will suit me best and for day to day riding better.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Welcome back and there are a few of us here that can 100% relate to you... Once it's in your blood it's stays!!.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks lads... @lee1980, yeah back to square one and yes same power/weight restrictions here, though it goes by the acronym "lams", way to close to lame for my liking, rather than A2. Blade or R1... them's mighty machines but for a commute I think you are bang on in your thinking, the 500r does the job easy.

@DkD, exactly... but I must say ... It is (insert range of excited expletives) awesome to be back ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts