Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, looking to trade the Honda SH300 in against one of the three CB500's. I have test ridden the CBR500R and was well impressed, but I am holding out until mid May to test ride the CB500X, but my local dealer tells me that they are going to sell well and that the orders placed will be customer only meaning they will not have stock bikes.
I was interested in the Honda NC700X before I heard about the launch of the CB500's and when you consider that you could be saving around £1000 it's worth holding out a bit.
Great forum and look forward to reading more posts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi folks, looking to trade the Honda SH300 in against one of the three CB500's. I have test ridden the CBR500R and was well impressed, but I am holding out until mid May to test ride the CB500X, but my local dealer tells me that they are going to sell well and that the orders placed will be customer only meaning they will not have stock bikes.
I was interested in the Honda NC700X before I heard about the launch of the CB500's and when you consider that you could be saving around £1000 it's worth holding out a bit.
From what I understand, the 500x has the same feel (handle bar height, screen and so on) as the 700x but with the same engine as the 500r.

If you've test ridden the 700x and the 500r you should be able to tell what the bike will feel like and the power it will have.
it's then just a case of making your mind whether you feel it's worth waiting or not.
You're probably in a better position than most to decide if you've test ridden both.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
I rode cb500x and it is great. Can ride it forever and it feels quite reliable.
Sporty too!
I rode nc700x as well and believe me, no need to pay extra for it besides nc700x is nearly 30 kgs heavier.
you will be happy with cb500x as i need something upright positioned, comfy, practical, good handling and easy to ride bike, i choose cb500x and before cb500f.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'll be getting an x when they become available here is a link with a excellent ride report with good pictures.

http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/honda-cb500x/328-cb500x-ride-report.html

If you like it give the OP a like!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I rode cb500x and it is great. Can ride it forever and it feels quite reliable.
Sporty too!
I rode nc700x as well and believe me, no need to pay extra for it besides nc700x is nearly 30 kgs heavier.
you will be happy with cb500x as i need something upright positioned, comfy, practical, good handling and easy to ride bike, i choose cb500x and before cb500f.
I can't wait until it is launched here in May.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I understand, the 500x has the same feel (handle bar height, screen and so on) as the 700x but with the same engine as the 500r.

If you've test ridden the 700x and the 500r you should be able to tell what the bike will feel like and the power it will have.
it's then just a case of making your mind whether you feel it's worth waiting or not.
You're probably in a better position than most to decide if you've test ridden both.
I think it will be worth waiting for especially if it saves some money and rides similar to a NC700X.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thanks for the link, I read those reviews yesterday. What colour are you going for?
Black or Black ABS! That's all we will get in the U.S. I'm told!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts